Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scottish lockdown and Boris addressing nation at 8pm....what does this mean?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

During this lockdown? I don’t wanna get pulled over ? I have one worker who is a good friend but I’m not sure exactly what the rules are

We can work! if the customers have a problem with seeing us face to face they can bacs set up a direct or leave cash out in a jar no need for any contact most customers pay like this any way don’t they in my experience, recently anyway...

i feel sorry for some window cleaners.......some hate this job so much theyll make any excuse to have another few weeks off.....if you work on your own cleaning outside windows then you can work...this job is recession proof AND lockdown proof!we re so LUCKY!!

ive had 12 days off over xmas and im raring to go this month now........it was good to get out in the fresh air today on the glass(work off some of the xmas overindulgence!).....?

Hi all.

This from GOV website.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers#private-cars-and-other-vehicles

in the photo attached I’ve highlighted the relevant section for work.  It is allowed, with some practical guidance on some things to do to avoid any risk of transmission. For my part, I’ve had no one in my van since March.  Anyone working with me brings their own vehicle, or they don’t work- better safe than sorry.  But in principle, if no other option-then it is ok.

7187039F-5639-4E84-9A45-DDB8178397F1.jpeg

During this lockdown? I don’t wanna get pulled over ? I have one worker who is a good friend but I’m not sure exactly what the rules are
Unless he lives and sleeps with you then you can.

Unfortunately he's from another family unit and its a big no.

If you test positive and vise versa you're both screwed and each family 

I'll be carrying on as per. We've all agreed to wear masks. Other than that its just business as usual I reckon.

I'm meant to collect my new van from Newbury this week, probably gonna do that too, it's for work at the end of the day.

Back