Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Screwfix No Nonsense degreaser / UBIK

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jack b

Been using UBIK for a few years now. Use it at 10:1 mix with water, works just great. What mix do you guys use for the Screwfix version which I have just bought.

Been using UBIK for a few years now. Use it at 10:1 mix with water, works just great. What mix do you guys use for the Screwfix version which I have just bought.
Use the same as ubik, works brilliantly

Thanks Clisty. I only put the question out there as I read on here a few months back that someone claimed the Screwfix stuff was a lot stronger but there was no follow up answers if I recall. Cheers

i tried the screwfix stuff today on a conservatory clean and very pleased with it, i put a good slug in 10 ltr of water in my backpack so more than recommended but everything looked very shiny so i might try less next time, i've been using domestic bleach for ages now so only comparing it with that , its cheaper and less care about splashing , also thinking i might put some in a spray bottle and spray my brush on bad first cleans

Brought some yesterday on way home stopped off where dad is buried grave stone looked mucky with green runs so poured a bit on magic sponge and gave a couple of inches around the back a rub . Came up like new will leave a few days to see if it discolours stone then will do rest .Got home and tried bottom of door where shoes have left marks came up loverly .

Brought some yesterday on way home stopped off where dad is buried grave stone looked mucky with green runs so poured a bit on magic sponge and gave a couple of inches around the back a rub . Came up like new will leave a few days to see if it discolours stone then will do rest .Got home and tried bottom of door where shoes have left marks came up loverly .
Update us on the grave stone, been asked to do 1 by a custy, if it works will be better then using hypo

I had a disgusting conny roof and fascia job to do and wentna bit ott with it

About half the container in about 20l of water

The muck fell off and was one of the easiest roof jobs i have done without hypo

Now i always use it strong

3 quid for half a tub so well worth it to do a roof

If it's being used with Wfp, why dilute it? It will dilute during use (water on)
When using of fascias or conny roofs it os mixed with water and then sprayed on the surface and left to work before even using the wfp

When using of fascias or conny roofs it os mixed with water and then sprayed on the surface and left to work before even using the wfp
How do you spray it onto con roofs and s+f's?

Backpack, pump up sprayer, bucket and dip brush in it or any other way that works

I have similar to this on an old fibreglass wfp pole

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
As promised went back to have a look at grave stone lovely and clean and no staining squirted 20% mix on upright part of grave stone and green algue just ran off without scrubbing

Back