Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ppm 104 - Ro Or Di?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

MikeJP

So as above my TDS meter finally came today and my PPM reading straight from the tap is 104ppm. I'm looking to buy a pole and backpack this week for the first time, however i'm wondering whats best to purify my water.

Do you guys think a single DI vessel will be good enough to get my PPM down or should I just bite the bullet and invest in an RO aswell?

I've heard talk of some peeps using dual DI's?? Is this maybe a better route?

I'm only a few weeks into the biz so I'm only operating small scale at the moment.

Any advice is appreciated. /emoticons/wink.png

Thanks,

Mike

I'm no expert but reckon single di would do that, get another for when ppm goes up and set up like Mark M's vid to save resin in the long term.

mark m's way is how im going to do it its a hell of a lot quicker and no waste water

It would depend on 2 things for me, if you're planning on doing mostly wfp and if you're not on a water meter. If ticking both criteria I would go ro, if not di or double di

It would depend on 2 things for me, if you're planning on doing mostly wfp and if you're not on a water meter. If ticking both criteria I would go ro, if not di or double di

After learning a thing or two with this Impact 43 training I'll be sticking to mainly WFP.

I'm not actualy on a water meter. Just pay the same each month regardless of how much I use.

I would recommend an RO if you are looking at a backpack get 100gpd system with an inline DI should cost £150 but should produce pure water for 6 months before maintenance

my ppm is always between 105-115ppm

i currently use a 11ltr di

but im going to double it up /emoticons/smile.png

it costs me 1p per litre of water...

so a day i use 350 litres of water..

that means my water fo the day cost me £3.50

but in that day when ive used all that water... ive earnt like... £140.00

when i get a double di i will save much more money /emoticons/smile.png

so di isnt to bad mate /emoticons/smile.png

try it out with 1 vessell....then invest in another /emoticons/tongue.png and will feel the difference /emoticons/tongue.png

ro is cheaper yeah dont get me wrong

but u need a lot of space /emoticons/smile.png

if u got no space double up on di vessels is the way forward

Mike you'll only get around 6000l pure from a bag of resin so RO is your better option.

Don't rush buying the first RO. First work out what size tank you need, do you want to produce over 24 hrs with holding tank or quick fill.

Once you have worked that out then look for an RO that will suit your needs.

I would recommend an RO if you are looking at a backpack get 100gpd system with an inline DI should cost £150 but should produce pure water for 6 months before maintenance
Just got a ro 50gpd with inline Di. Works great. Cost £54 off eBay. Not one of the best but gets my water down from 276 to 000. Got two 4.5litte DIs so when it's creeps up I will connect to this for the extra boost. As said was told no parts need to be changed for at least 6 months & that's just filters. I use about 150 litres a month.

I would recommend axeon membranes, would only need one to get tds to below 10, if you get 2 a fivers worth of resin will last ages assuming you needed it. Get your membranes from daqua, you know there not the Chinese copies.

Nice one posh, but think mike would need at least 100 gpd membranes as he's planning to go the whole hog, but could swap them, think most are the same size

The 100gpd RoMan system I started with was fantastic. I used to back wash it on a Friday and run it all weekend to produce 1000 litres. I was going to buy the extra bit to convert it to 300 gpd RO but I got a second hand merlin which made the RO redundant. It just sits it the shed catching dust now

Mike you'll only get around 6000l pure from a bag of resin so RO is your better option.

Don't rush buying the first RO. First work out what size tank you need, do you want to produce over 24 hrs with holding tank or quick fill.

Once you have worked that out then look for an RO that will suit your needs.
I don't have a holding tank at the moment so I'll be quick filling as and when needed. My customer base at the moment is small but slowly growing /emoticons/biggrin.png

Probably needing a couple hundred litres if that really.

ro is cheaper yeah dont get me wrong

but u need a lot of space /emoticons/smile.png

if u got no space double up on di vessels is the way forward
space is a bit of a problem at moment!! :wacko:

cheers for the info so far guys.

mike

Back