Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

De setting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I had a problem today with flow rate and could not figure out what the problem was. In the end was a kinked hose to the inlet of the pump and once I sorted that out is worked as is should again.

I've got taps on both tanks yes which I try to remember to shut off when the water is getting low. I've also got a strainer on the pump what's the best way to check for air in it? I actually phoned spring today and they suggested I wire pump up without the controller to make sure it's not faulty.

My hose on the outlet side of the pump that goes into the inlet of the gas water heater is clear reinforced type hose so I can see at a glance if air is still being pushed out of the pump

That's a good idea would make it easy to see. I did think today of turning my pump the other way up just to see if it makes any difference. Can air get trapped actually inside the pump?

The air passed through the inlet hose through the pump which causes flow to drop considerably so you have to prime the pump by whacking it on full pelt to purge all the air out

That's what I found strange today tho I had mine on full pelt for quite a while to make sure any air was out but then it was when I put the flow down to 40 that suddenly all this air was pouring through for ages.

So been having another look today and there is air in the strainer but I just can't get it out. I've run it on full whack for ages and even took the pump off so I could move it round while running to try get it to come out. I was disconnecting hoses right back to the pump but it's worse than ever now.

I've got taps on both tanks yes which I try to remember to shut off when the water is getting low. I've also got a strainer on the pump what's the best way to check for air in it? I actually phoned spring today and they suggested I wire pump up without the controller to make sure it's not faulty.
Just look when its running mate and see if you can see any air bubbling round in there.

When I make my Trolleys I always like to use clear hose as you can always see any air in the hose when using/priming

Thanks for your help jimmyboots I have looked today and there is one big air bubble in the strainer inside the mesh part but I just can't get it to come out. Driving me up the wall this is now.

Thanks for your help jimmyboots I have looked today and there is one big air bubble in the strainer inside the mesh part but I just can't get it to come out. Driving me up the wall this is now.
I dont know which strainer you have but do you have the 'glass' part at the top or bottom as you look at it? If it's at the top turn it so it's at the bottom.

I think myself the main issue you are having is due to having two tanks causing air to get into the system when one and or both tank get low.

It is the way in the link you sent. I just spun it sideways to take the picture. So the bubble would normally not be seen in the glass. So maybe they always have a little bit of air in them? You could be right smurf at times I think air got in that way especially when I first started. But I'm so careful now I always leave both tank taps open so they empty at the same rate and to be honest they generally never get anywhere near empty.

They say when you disconnect any hoses including swapping over to a differnt size hose reel it's best to recalibrate the controller after the pump is primmed properly. Also check for any leaks, kinked hoses includind wfp hose and inside the hose reel itself including the connector as that will effect the flow rate to the pole. Sometimes also those auto stop connections go faulty and blocked wfp jets can reduce the water flow too.

Just be methodical and check everything and you will get to the bottom of the problem.

Ive decided im going to get some clear hose and re plumb the whole thing inside the van so i can re check all fittings and will then be able to see any air in the system after.

strange thing is i noticed yesterday the rattling on the head of my di vessel is back again as well. It always used to do that and only stopped after i changed the resin in the vessel and this was also the only time I felt my flow was correct.

Is this probably the air just causing vibration?

thanks for all your help smurf tho

Ive decided im going to get some clear hose and re plumb the whole thing inside the van so i can re check all fittings and will then be able to see any air in the system after.strange thing is i noticed yesterday the rattling on the head of my di vessel is back again as well. It always used to do that and only stopped after i changed the resin in the vessel and this was also the only time I felt my flow was correct.

Is this probably the air just causing vibration?

thanks for all your help smurf tho
Yes, in my experience rattling and vibration always seemed to be caused by air.

other thing I found odd was obviously when i changed resin I filled the bottle to the top with water before putting top back on. I looked at it yesterday and I could see inside that the water level was not, to the top. That cant be right surely?

other thing I found odd was obviously when i changed resin I filled the bottle to the top with water before putting top back on. I looked at it yesterday and I could see inside that the water level was not, to the top. That cant be right surely?
That might be the resin level that you can see there. I make my water separate from the van system so I don't have any air problems there. I can vaguely see my resin level in the DI though.

Latest Posts

Back