Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sneak Peak At The New Website

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The design is pretty poor. The ticker tape in the header forgot what there called now is so out of date and annoying. Better than a lot of sites I have seen. You would be wise to invest a couple hundred in a decent copy writer who can write good content for your site and much the same as iain has added in his posts sorry but you did ask for criticism and I think most have been honest

I think it is a good start and it can only get better, I thought it was a good read and informative of what you provide.

how does the gutter and fascia canvassing work then is it just something you canvass for alongside the windows or do you go canvass for that seperatley and what do you charge

The design is pretty poor. The ticker tape in the header forgot what there called now is so out of date and annoying. Better than a lot of sites I have seen. You would be wise to invest a couple hundred in a decent copy writer who can write good content for your site and much the same as iain has added in his posts sorry but you did ask for criticism and I think most have been honest

I think it is a good start and it can only get better' date=' I thought it was a good read and informative of what you provide.[/quote']Thanks for the feedback guys it REALLY is appreciated I'm on the case in regards to the meta tags, been on the phone with her today, and the title header fonts are being changed. Im getting a cookie policy added and according to my expert I dont need a privacy section due to not holding any personal info on my site. Ive been looking at my competition and think my sites the 2nd best one out the bunch but I want and need to be number 1.Can anyone recommend a decent copy writer, I did write it all myself so as I only got a Gcse B B knew it wouldnt be amazing.

how does the gutter and fascia canvassing work then is it just something you canvass for alongside the windows or do you go canvass for that seperatley and what do you charge
In regard to Gutter clearing I do this alongside the window cleaning as its a one off service I charge 10% on the deal value and look to charge the customer £3 a meter.

In regard to Gutter clearing I do this alongside the window cleaning as its a one off service I charge 10% on the deal value and look to charge the customer £3 a meter.
How do you measure how many metres the guttering is??

you usually find the brackets are placed around a meter apart give or take if not get the old tape measure out
Exactly how I do it sometimes if they are one piece guttering or not frequent spacing I look at a similar sized house across the road or next door

Y do u go door to door just for window cleaning and guttering fascias n soffits ? /emoticons/wacko.png y not gardening and other stuff etc ? Seems dodgy az , are u making that website yaself or have u reeli got a lady ? I know when sum things not right about sum1 and thers sumthing about u thats very fishy mate sorry but am jus bein honest on wat i fink ,

according to my expert I dont need a privacy section due to not holding any personal info on my site.
Your "expert" has failed to see that your website has a contact form so you'll be required BY LAW to tell your visitors what you do with this information. Jesus man where do you find these people???
I can get someone to do some copywriting for £35 for 500 SEO-friendly and visitor-friendly words. Inbox me if you want to use him.

Y do u go door to door just for window cleaning and guttering fascias n soffits ? /emoticons/wacko.png y not gardening and other stuff etc ? Seems dodgy az ' date=' are u making that website yaself or have u reeli got a lady ? I know when sum things not right about sum1 and thers sumthing about u thats very fishy mate sorry but am jus bein honest on wat i fink ,[/quote']H please lay of the glue for at least one afternoon. I get quality leads for gardening jobs, driveways, fencing, decorating, building work what ever add ons the cleaner wants the reason I dont price them is they are not straight forward and it might mean Im at the house for 2 hours measuring a garden and talking about rose bushes which I know nothing about. Unless the cleaner is prepard to spend days training me on prices and flowers etc its not really feasable.
I do however do a bit of knocking for a local farmer who provides door to door deliveries of fresh produce, and I get at least 1 call a month from solar companies/double glazing/driveways I always turn them down as its hard sell and thats not my scene

Okay so u just do window cleaning but turn down other work thats coool but u knock on doors for anything window cleaning related example gutters fascias n soffits

With the copywriting side of things. Your not really telling people why they should use your services. Why is door to door canvassing effective. Why should I get you to canvas for me instead of me going out there myself. You have the basics there but a good copywriter will be able to polish it up a bit and weave your keywords in to the text.

And the Marque scrolling across the top is a turn off. Also the contact page is a bit confusing as well.

Marketing solutions should really be window cleaning canvassers. Or maybe 'Do you need help canvassing for more work, we have been canvassing for window cleaners for over 15 years. Many of of the windows cleaners we have done door to door marketing have now got very successful window cleaning rounds' something on the lines of that really stress to them why they need you.

The design is really bad, I would look at the what Iain has done. We where looking through his websites last weekend and they are really good designs. Modern and eye catching and the well designed.

Thanks nearly clean its been taken on board. I think I will keep the banner, I know its a bit of a turn off but the thinking behind it is, I can change the wording easily for promotions and things like that.

Latest Posts

Back