Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar Panel Cleaning Training Course To Be Held 11th July 2015

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a sensible answer for each of those questions. If you'd have asked for my price structure as well, you would have my complete business model and then be able to replicate my business.
I'm happy to do that. I can offer you two options.

1. £30,000 + VAT. I'm not being flippant. That's a genuine business offer. We can get an NDA drawn up for you to sign and arrange a payment plan if you wish.

This is something I am currently in discussions with

Because it is a whole new industry away from solar panel cleaning, but window cleaners are the closest thing to creating this new industry.

Before everyone rants about it being just glass cleaning, it isn't. No more than fitting solar panels is 'just' electrics. Some of the principles are the same, but it's developed into a separate industry with different health & safety regs and qualifications.

Because it's a new industry, it needs to be built and standardised form the ground up. Sharing 'tips' on a forum just doesn't cut it.
selling tips does though :thumbsup:

I'm coming round to @Solar Steve's way of thinking.
From what I'm reading is that he has a :turd: load of work and wants to sub it out, so he can make money and also pass on work to others. If others are doing work that has come to his company, then he needs to know that they are up to the job, to do it correctly and not make mistakes that could harm his company's reputation.
Now he has explained it in a more sensible way I am as well, now it makes sense, his original pitch, to me, seemed like a complete **** take.

Smurf, what's the difference between their course and mine?
The first thing I can easily think of is they are qualified forever and won't lose the qualification if they don't work for you.

It also seems to include a lot more than just cleaning them,

• PV system overview and system terminology

• System components and configuration

• Maintenance considerations including:

• Minimising shading

• Cleaning

• Electrical and mechanical inspection

• Fault finding and troubleshooting

• Planning routine maintenance and inspection

• Performance assessment and system monitoring

The truth is that we are struggling to grow quick enough to keep up with demand. I need outside help. Window cleaners are the closest help I can get. But before I can let a window cleaner loose on a £40m solar farm, I need to know he will be cleaning safely and efficiently so that he and I make money and maintain the high reputation my company has.
To train is the best way forward. Will you get my contact list on the day? No. But I will help you learn how stay safe AND earn money quickly and efficiently. Cleaning 20,000 panels and make money is no easy feat. Mess up your time scales or damage the array and it could easily cost you a fortune. For £200.00 and what you will learn, its a no-brainer.
If this had been part of the original pitch I think it would of gone over a lot better, this now makes sense.

The first thing I can easily think of is they are qualified forever and won't lose the qualification if they don't work for you.
I'll also add that their course content is transparent. Every course I have ever been on or seen listed shows you the course content, so you can compare to other courses. Steve, you are so shady and covert about what's included that no one can see what it is they are actually getting for the money.

steve thats not gd u cant answer a simple question on % like come on get real why wud u not say it or is it that bad ie like payin the cleaner pennies i know what you wanna do... go to channel 4 watch HERE COMES THE ROMAINIANS and get a load of them in to do it for pennies

I have just one or two questions for you @Solar Steve regarding your business model.Are you a subcontractor yourself? Meaning you gain work off a third party/s that has the installation & maintenance contract and they get a cut of whatever you do?

Are you insured to cover subcontractors working for you?

Are you vat registered?

How do you pay your subcontractors on a day rate or per panel?

Regarding the following job

So the two men cleaned how many panels in a week exactly working for you?

Where both men insured to clean solar panels?

Did you provide any ppe for your workers to use?

Did you provide your two workers with any induction training, instruction and rams for that job beforehand?

Did they use their own vehicle, tools & equipment?

Were they wearing ppe ?

What methods did they use to clean the panels?

Did they find and report any faulty panels?

How many panels did the clean?

How much pure water did they use?

Did they have to invoice you to get paid?

How long does it take to get paid?

Who is this chap in derby and is he willing to be contacted to find out more about the work he does for you?
Smurf, the only question you missed was about my prices. After that, you'd have my entire business plan. So, I have a 2 serious offesr for you:

I will answer all of your questions in private and provide serious, accurate answers if:

1. You sign an NDA which we can draw up and you can get a solicitor to approve too, pay £30,000 +VAT as a one-off fee and we will tell you everything you need to know so that you can set up a similar business here in the UK a and try to compete with us.

2. Pay £5,000 +VAT as a retainer and an ongoing £1,000.00 +VAT p/m consultancy fee and we will provide ongoing business and technical support.

Before you all mock, these are the terms I am currently discussing with 2 companies who wish to use the Clean Solar Solutions Ltd brand, one in Chile and another in the Netherlands.

Over to you Smurf...

I'll also add that their course content is transparent. Every course I have ever been on or seen listed shows you the course content, so you can compare to other courses. Steve, you are so shady and covert about what's included that no one can see what it is they are actually getting for the money.
I think you'll find that everyone who has booked on the course so far knows EXACTLY what will be discussed and has a course outline. There is no shadiness here...

Feel free to compare with other courses, because there are none.

steve thats not gd u cant answer a simple question on % like come on get real why wud u not say it or is it that bad ie like payin the cleaner pennies i know what you wanna do... go to channel 4 watch HERE COMES THE ROMAINIANS and get a load of them in to do it for pennies
You will never find out our percentage, nor do you need to. You are either happy to work for the koney we pay, or you aren't. But the fact that we have over 60 subcontractors all over the UK shows our rates are fine.

I'm coming round to @Solar Steve's way of thinking.
From what I'm reading is that he has a :turd: load of work and wants to sub it out, so he can make money and also pass on work to others. If others are doing work that has come to his company, then he needs to know that they are up to the job, to do it correctly and not make mistakes that could harm his company's reputation.
Yay! This is all becoming worthwhile! I have to protect my company's reputation, bottom line.

It also seems to include a lot more than just cleaning them,

• PV system overview and system terminology

• System components and configuration

• Maintenance considerations including:

• Minimising shading

• Cleaning

• Electrical and mechanical inspection

• Fault finding and troubleshooting

• Planning routine maintenance and inspection

• Performance assessment and system monitoring
It does cover more than cleaning, but how much of that is of value to window cleaners?

They have 8 different subjects to cover in one day. With ours, the WHOLE focus is cleaning. We will be going into more detail about cleaning for sure.

Their course is excellent for solar installers. My course seems more suited to my target market.

For all of you who think there is no risk of electrocution with solar panel cleaning, I just thought I'd mention that on another UK forum, there is an admission by the MD of a large cleaning company that one of his guys got electrocuted badly whilst cleaning solar panels and was in hospital for 3 weeks.

Due to the risk, he has now stopped offering solar panel cleaning.

Comments?

Post the link steve

For all of you who think there is no risk of electrocution with solar panel cleaning, I just thought I'd mention that on another UK forum, there is an admission by the MD of a large cleaning company that one of his guys got electrocuted badly whilst cleaning solar panels and was in hospital for 3 weeks.

Comments?

Never mind I suppose if anyone contacts hse directly they will have a record of this incident surely?

I don't know to be honest. They are a big firm, so I'd be surprised if they didn't call it in.

Comments?
I read it. Was purple rhino involved, rings a bell.

EDIT: rhinoman

Last edited by a moderator:
I think It's only a matter of time more cleaners will get hurt too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back