Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump problem. Help!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kenny Q

Hi guys. I've just filled up, and I don't know why, but my pump isn't pumping water. It's making all the right noises. I put the flow up to 99, and still no water. It's like it's pumping fresh air! Also the flow controller isn't detecting a dead end. Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Hi guys. I've just filled up, and I don't know why, but my pump isn't pumping water. It's making all the right noises. I put the flow up to 99, and still no water. It's like it's pumping fresh air! Also the flow controller isn't detecting a dead end. Any help much appreciated. Thanks
Sounds like an air lock. Unplug the hose between your pump and hose reel and let it run until water starts flowing out then hook it back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For airlocks, I have a valve fitted to mine that I can turn to divert the water back to the tank instead of the hose reel. If the tank is low and I've been driving the water level will have dipped below the outlet and got air in it so I flush it for a couple of seconds before I start. Works a treat. Good for relieving pressure in the system also.

I'll try and take a photo tomorrow. It's a weird setup though and you can't really see much as the hose all runs through the box sections of the chassis so it's out of sight. I have two pumps that both have a divert valve, these valves are connected by a hose and a flush valve is in the center of the hose with a pipe leading back to the tank. It gives me extra options though.

If I want to flush a pump to remove an airlock I open the divert valve on that pump and open the central flush valve and it'll clear the airlock.

If a pump, controller, battery etc packs in I open both pump divert valves and close the flush valve and it'll send water to both hose reels.

If you want double the water for a job you can also use it to send the water from both pumps to the same hose reel for extra flow rate.

You're absolutely spot on Brandon. I just did that and got soaked! But it's working. Cheers mate.
No worries mate glad to be of help [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back