Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sos Save Our Squeegee!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You assumed he didn't do first cleans off ladders and hadn't done trad for years.
Actually, I didn't. I was replying to his question that I leave window sills mucky, which was his assumption.
My original post was to Belfast after he had stated that wfp does a better job, that was an inch too far for me...and I mean that in a banterous way. I then went on to point out the complaints which I hear from customers which again, was requested by Belfast. It is a shame though, that no one has even attempted to refute these issues so far during this thread...the mucky corners, the streaks left by some guys, the excessive water, my father in law's complaint.

I have my issue with wfp reguarding the job it does for the amount of water used and I'm willing to debate it without shouting or referring to anothers mental attitude but, if that's not possible in the trad section of the forum, then I'll leave it here.

Mart.

PS...sorry for the crossed wires Taylormade.

No point in defending streaky windows or missed corners as that's the operator.

It's like me saying I have picked up customers who had trad cleaners as they are fed up with smears and thunder fly smears in the summer.

Anyways play nice guys. As I am really not interested in talking about trad vs WFP. /emoticons/smile.png

Mart all of these things you have stated (maybe not the water issue) could be also attributed to trad as well.

It is the user who does the good job. who doesn`t leave mucky corners who doesn`t leave smears etc etc.

You are making it sound like the system does it? the system is inanimate.

If the user is bad ie doesn`t maintain it - water purified right, brushes changed regular it will give bad results.

as would a squeegee if the rubber is not changed.

my water waste through purification is minimal and i mean so efficient that for a full tank in the van i may get 20 litres waste for the hour and a half it takes to fill it but i have spent well on this side of my business and if using 5-800 litres a day cleaning windows grips your poop. first thing i`d do is contact the water boards who through not sorting out leaks quickly waste thousands upon thousands of litres of treated water per day.

Very good points in both post's yes. I admit though, when I do speak to customers about things such as streaks etc(normally whilst canvassing the potential house), I will normally tell them that aslong as the jobs done properly, that shouldn't happen. But it is surprising the amount of people that ask 'you don't use that pole thing do you, I don't like it' and I still find the biggest issue is 'they leave the glass wet you know' and again, I usually explain my brief interpretation of how pure water dries without smears, I don't think alot of the older customers understand it's not tap water.

Still, I wouldn't want my windows left wet either. How often do we read on the back of a box 'ensure the surface is clean and dry'. Why does a professional paint sprayer insist on a dust free environment rather than his back garden, I do take issue with a wet surface being exposed to the elements especially in the warmer weather, dust, pollen, greenfly, those little floating seeds from dandelions we used to call fairy's when kids...they all stick to wet glass. Yes, of course, I could trad a window and 5 minutes later it could rain and leave the glass exposed to the same conditions but, it's still a major downside to wfp.

Mart.

Back