Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Squeegee technique

WCF

Help Support WCF:

m.clark14

So my window cleaning round when live today with 4 traditional window cleans only had to whip out the water fed pole once as I wasn't feeling like superman on the ladder . Despite being very happy with how it went on the odd occasion I would leave a few specs of soap on the glass where my squeegee technique is not 100% dialled in yet . I just whipped out the microfibre and dotted it away with my finger . Is this okay to do or would you start the window again I'm really OCD so want the windows to be spot on but also don't want to look like an amateur redoing windows times

Totally fine, although I don't like microfibres at all I have not done much trad for years really but always used scrims as they are so much easier to wash and maintain but I started cleaning over 30 years ago before microfibres were invented ?

So my window cleaning round when live today with 4 traditional window cleans only had to whip out the water fed pole once as I wasn't feeling like superman on the ladder . Despite being very happy with how it went on the odd occasion I would leave a few specs of soap on the glass where my squeegee technique is not 100% dialled in yet . I just whipped out the microfibre and dotted it away with my finger . Is this okay to do or would you start the window again I'm really OCD so want the windows to be spot on but also don't want to look like an amateur redoing windows time

Touching the window with anything after squeegeeing will leave a mark visible when the sun shines on it. I base my decision on whether to dab it away or do the window again on three things. 1. How much sunlight does the window get. 2. Which window it is on ( bedroom, kitchen etc) so how much time does the customer spend looking out of the window. 3. Where abouts whatever it is needs dotting is (centre or corner of window). For example if it was in the centre of a living room window that gets direct sunlight I would start again, if it was in the corner of a bedroom window mainly in the shade I'd wipe it off. You also need to take into account the state of the inside of the window as if they're mucky it may be difficut for the customer to notice you've wiped it and also how particular the customer is. I'd say when this happens to me I redo the window around 50 percent of the time, it only takes a few seconds.

Back