Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting to dread getting the squeegee out...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Please don't tell me you can see 3/4/5 story's up at the windows. Especially a bit of fly/bee ***p. binoculars??

And if yer quick how do you know they dry fine if yer not there.

Not undermining at all but yer contradicting yerself a bit here.

Please don't tell me you can see 3/4/5 story's up at the windows. Especially a bit of fly/bee ***p. binoculars??
When I've had eye tests I'm told my vision is 'extreemly good' but I can almost miss it when I am face to the glass. No doubt thats a benefit of trad.

Not contradicting at all, who is going to sit around for an hour waiting for the glass to dry? especially when there is absolutely no need to?

As for bee pollen 5 stories up, if you want to get up a ladder that high to make sure its gone/clean it off be my guest, I will be buggered if I will.

Raises an interesting question though, I don't think bees fly that high anyway?

@Diwrnach i spent 26 years with a squeegee

Very hard to drop it completely as trad is part of who I am now

I agree that the frames are easier to clean wfp and i find that the frames (not necessarily the glass as i haven't really looked hard) seem to be a lot cleaner next visit but like @Jake says trad bores him i say i need to trad now and then to keep my sanity as i miss it and find it like some sort of therapy when I'm feeling stressed

Nothing like banging out a few perfect windows with applicator and squeegee to take your mind off things

Let's just agree to disagree

We all know you're all:turd: and i am perfect so that's that:p

Having just looked into bee biology the chances of a pollen laden bee hitting a fifth storey window is roughly zero.

You'd be suprised how fast they dry in the summer posh, you can't see 3-4 floors up, but atkeast you can do them :cool:/emoticons/biggrin.png;)

I used to trad 3 story, much better doing it from the ground now, and about 3 times faster, the thought of tradding that high again is just horrible...

Let's just agree to disagreeWe all know you're all:turd: and i am perfect so that's that:p
Let's just say all methods are great, and all im saying is I'm now not enjoying trad...

Can't believe trad and wfp threads still have the ability to cause much passion!

6 pages over cleaning windows lol!

As an ex window fitter, I'm interested to know why a window would blow easier with wfp?
im not 100 percent shore y but ive had a few jobs were i used to trad for years then when i swiched them to wfp they out of the blue mist up just the odd window!! also if i rember rightly @Tuffers said some thing about hot wfp doing this a long wile back !!

6 pages over cleaning windows....on a window cleaning forum. ..whatever next????:laugh:

Secretly everyone's passionate about either trad or wfp, and some are passionate about both...

That's the moral of the 6 page thread Summed up!

I'm not passionate about either, I am passionate about doing a good job and £££, WFP covers both bases for me more than trad so that is what I use.

im not 100 percent shore y but ive had a few jobs were i used to trad for years then when i swiched them to wfp they out of the blue mist up just the odd window!! also if i rember rightly @Tuffers said some thing about hot wfp doing this a long wile back !!
The units are hermeticaly sealed and as they age argon gas leaks out and moisture gets inside. Honestly tench, nothing to do with wfp

Not contradicting at all, who is going to sit around for an hour waiting for the glass to dry? especially when there is absolutely no need to?
As for bee pollen 5 stories up, if you want to get up a ladder that high to make sure its gone/clean it off be my guest, I will be buggered if I will.

Raises an interesting question though, I don't think bees fly that high anyway?

I was talking about jake. He said he's quick, gets there does it & goes so how does he know there spotless.

And I think yer right about bees lol

its totally dung wfp tops and trad booto,ms

what do u tell customers ?? yes pure water is better for ur windows but il still use soap on the bottom windows lol

confused windie sysmdrom thats wat that is lol

if wfp use trad for the windows u cant wfp

I don't tell customers anything about my methods of cleaning

They ask me to clean i clean end of

Haven't even told my customers i switched to wfp and done the 3rd cleans since now

It is irrelevant to the customer if i wfp every 2nd window and trad the alternate ones..they are still getting their windows cleaned

I had a couple of comments but my answer is once they're dry if there is any problem give me a shout and I'll pop back and sort it..same as i do in the rain

No calls and happy customers

its totally dung wfp tops and trad booto,ms

what do u tell customers ?? yes pure water is better for ur windows but il still use soap on the bottom windows lol

confused windie sysmdrom thats wat that is lol

if wfp use trad for the windows u cant wfp

You'd be suprised how fast they dry in the summer posh, you can't see 3-4 floors up, but atkeast you can do them :cool:/emoticons/biggrin.png;)
I used to trad 3 story, much better doing it from the ground now, and about 3 times faster, the thought of tradding that high again is just horrible...
im still lookin fer someone who does 3 storey trad to take over that side of my round in colchester from me, if u hear anyone tip me the nod its got to be trad tho , prolly 30 houses . we did East Hill today it doesnt get any easier! drizzling rain slippy rungs nobody laffing

Latest Posts

Back