Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Storing a Step ladder on top of the van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Have a look in Costco if you’ve got one local @P4dstar I got the 4 rung version from there which is the perfect size for me, I’ve not had a gate I can’t get over with them. I paid about £180 and it came with the tray and a few other accessories 

Have a look in Costco if you’ve got one local @P4dstar I got the 4 rung version from there which is the perfect size for me, I’ve not had a gate I can’t get over with them. I paid about £180 and it came with the tray and a few other accessories 
I guess 4 tread is actually 8 tread when you extend it. They don't seem to stock them on the website anymore. Quite a few people were looking for Costco ones on Google. To be fair the cheapest ones on Screwfix were £220 so if they're £40 cheaper with accessories I'm not surprised if they sell out of them.

Agreed mate. If I had the LWB version it would be a different matter. With a 650 tank, 2 reels and 2 poles I have space for either gutter vac, backpack or pressure washer.
I had the LWB on order and cancelled as they couldn't deliver it anywhere near on time. I wanted to put an 800l tank, twin stack reels and also carry a big genie, sky vac and other bits and Bob's. Doubt they would've fitted in 

I liked the revolution ones because a YouTube video showed me the ratchet levelling legs, watched it again and it say "If you choose to upgrade to" so I assume they are only available on the extreme or as an add on.
Yeah I seem to remember the US have more/different spec versions - so the vid may have been on a US version? I think I wanted a US version but it's not imported and the cost to ship was crazy...think TB Davies are the sole/main UK importer so they will be able to confirm (they are very responsive) if you get a friendly contact they *may* even tell you who they supply might resell them at the lowest price? (long shot - but if you don't ask you don't get) Used mine today twice and used the levellers on both occasion - love'em? - oh and doing the external conny roof stood on the integrated comfort step (or whatever they called it)  and gently leaned against the airdeck - really worth the extra £££ you calfs will thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the LWB on order and cancelled as they couldn't deliver it anywhere near on time. I wanted to put an 800l tank, twin stack reels and also carry a big genie, sky vac and other bits and Bob's. Doubt they would've fitted in 
Depends, the 500L tank I had left me with loads of room. Had I fitted a reel stack with that I could have fitted all that in. The difference with the Grippa Tank is it's more square. If you had a PF 800L you'd be laughing I reckon.

Yeah I seem to remember the US have more/different spec versions - so the vid may have been on a US version? I think I wanted a US version but it's not imported and the cost to ship was crazy...think TB Davies are the sole/main UK importer so they will be able to confirm (they are very responsive) if you get a friendly contact they *may* even tell you who they supply might resell them at the lowest price? (long shot - but if you don't ask you don't get) Used mine today twice and used the levellers on both occasion - love'em? - oh and doing the external conny roof stood on the integrated comfort step (or whatever they called it)  and gently leaned against the airdeck - really worth the extra £££ you calfs will thank you
It's a big jump, £200 worth of a big jump. It's also an expensive piece of kit to leave in my unlocked van. I think I'm gonna settle on the Revolution for now, just need to measure up and make sure it will fit. The websites seem to think they're only 70cm wide. Van number 2 will probably need something more versatile so I can get the Xtreme then.

I think my next setup will be a 350l tank with one reel so I can fit my washer, genie and vac permanently in my van. Don't really want a month's full of window cleaning because I'm getting more work than I can handle and its only February. 

Pa4dstar...it's like when planning a night out...it's always gonna cost you more that you think...but you never remember that...just the laughs and the good times...if you think you need a swb get a lwb if you think you need a 22ft get a 25ft if you think you need a Revolution get an Extreme ? ce la vie ...

Pa4dstar...it's like when planning a night out...it's always gonna cost you more that you think...but you never remember that...just the laughs and the good times...if you think you need a swb get a lwb if you think you need a 22ft get a 25ft if you think you need a Revolution get an Extreme ? ce la vie ...
Too late, ordered the revolution. Screwfix very kindly allowed me to return my step ladders I bought last week and get them instead so an extra £210. I did try Wickes first to see if they had them in stock but alas I shall have to wait.

Best crack on then Scottish
What I'm finding out is everyone wants to clean windows and many of them are not wanting add-ons. That's where I come in, yesterday I drove 18 miles to do a gutter clear as I need to give my van a good run to clear the DPF. Used the vac and I was finished in 30mins and landlord paid £65 through bacs. He couldn't get anyone there to do it. I'll take wee jobs like that all day long and in March I'm off to the cleaning show to pick up my new Elite Poles and maybe an Industrial 85 If I have the money. ?

Back