Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Storm, storm, storms..

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nosey

Not sure what everyone else’s thoughts are. But I’ve never known such a bad run of weather. I’ve counted five storms from November to Christmas and now since my return to work two this month and more to come. We’ve only had two cold spells one in October and one last week. The rest of the time it’s been pretty mild for winter. Also here in the NW we are use to it always chucking it down and the majority of the time I just crack on. I still collect a few jobs and going round at the end of the day. The windows are filthy a few hours later after being cleaned. Just waiting for a few custys to start commenting as the last few times has been the same deal.

Has the storms affected anybody else’s work?

Just been reading on bbc that we have had the most named storms this season but weather calming in early Feb.
It has been difficult keeping up with work since New Year. I've worked Saturdays to try and help keep up.

I took today off because of the wet weather and enjoyed getting other stuff done!(new tyres for the van,haircut,gym and a few household chores, etc)

I only work 4 short days a week so I very rarely get behind with work due to bad weather

I take the rough with the smooth

It's looking perfectly workable here in the North West for the next 3 days!?

Pleased I am not in the North West as not been as bad here in the North East, my own windows at home look fine and I've not had any complaints, we have got off more lightly than some over here, currently storm number 10 of the season I just crack on as best I can but it was high winds and rain yesterday so I knocked it on the head just before 11am as the rain was lashing against the windows and I was pretty wet in 20 minutes on my last house

I don't want to work Saturdays and should have last week for 2 hours or so, but it looks like I'll be doing a half day this Saturday, as if we get a bad day or so next week my work will be constantly rolling into the next week, week after week

It might be time to raise my prices on over 150 jobs that need to go up then I'll lose a few jobs and the gains will cover the losses

Pleased I am not in the North West as not been as bad here in the North East, my own windows at home look fine and I've not had any complaints, we have got off more lightly than some over here, currently storm number 10 of the season I just crack on as best I can but it was high winds and rain yesterday so I knocked it on the head just before 11am as the rain was lashing against the windows and I was pretty wet in 20 minutes on my last house

I don't want to work Saturdays and should have last week for 2 hours or so, but it looks like I'll be doing a half day this Saturday, as if we get a bad day or so next week my work will be constantly rolling into the next week, week after week

It might be time to raise my prices on over 150 jobs that need to go up then I'll lose a few jobs and the gains will cover the losses
What does it matter if you get around a bit later?
The windows I did today haven’t been done since 24th November because of a couple of holidays. There is no way on earth I’ll do Saturdays to ‘catch up’, far better things to be enjoying.
Not being picky with you, generally interested ?

What does it matter if you get around a bit later?
The windows I did today haven’t been done since 24th November because of a couple of holidays. There is no way on earth I’ll do Saturdays to ‘catch up’, far better things to be enjoying.
Not being picky with you, generally interested ?
It's lost money that I ain't getting back, I'm the main earner in my house and my wife can no longer physically work as many hours as she used to, In sickness and in health and all that.

Latest Posts

Back