Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Possibly the wettest winter?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

That the first thing that came into my head when I read that comment.
I’m not massively fat, but there’s no way I’ll ever not have a beer gut with my life style.
Talking of which. It’s that wonderful time again. Have a great weekend fellow windies. Sod work ?????
I've had a beer gut since my early 20's when I started heavy drinking although I'm not fat I've always been around 9st 7lbs been 9st and under in my 30's but can't be chewed with exercise.

We had a yellow warning for rain here. So I didn’t book work in. It’s been the most beautiful day since the start of the year 😑

Do they all have access issues ? I only text a handful out all of mine for gate to be open. The rest get told it's a 4 weekly schedule, sometimes can run over with the weather but if it's after 4 weeks then we aren't far away. So they know roughly when we are due, if they have any queries just to text.

Do they all have access issues ? I only text a handful out all of mine for gate to be open. The rest get told it's a 4 weekly schedule, sometimes can run over with the weather but if it's after 4 weeks then we aren't far away. So they know roughly when we are due, if they have any queries just to text.
I used to work like that up until just before covid. I did like that I could do what ever I wanted on certain days and not commit myself by sending texts. It’s easy enough to re text to let them know but I dont like messing people about and it’s extra hassle. I have found the text route very handy as there a lot more people securing their back gardens more these days so I found I was losing a lot of money due to missed work and also I have had very positive feedback from my custys saying they like the idea of knowing exactly when I’m going to be there.

We had a yellow warning for rain here. So I didn’t book work in. It’s been the most beautiful day since the start of the year 😑
The forecasts are terrible. That said we have forecast for 55mph gusts and I would agree with that today!

I tend to use the Met office forecast but use the actual interactive weather map. Then you can step through hour by hour and see where and when the rain might hit. It's not perfect but I find it better that the headline forecast at the top of the page.
It also shows the intensity of the rain so as long as it's not above about 4mm per hour (green, amber, red) then I plan to work. When out and it gets heavier I use Hyperlocal to see hour by hour and watch the radar and see if I will wait it out in the van or call it a day.

I used to work like that up until just before covid. I did like that I could do what ever I wanted on certain days and not commit myself by sending texts. It’s easy enough to re text to let them know but I dont like messing people about and it’s extra hassle. I have found the text route very handy as there a lot more people securing their back gardens more these days so I found I was losing a lot of money due to missed work and also I have had very positive feedback from my custys saying they like the idea of knowing exactly when I’m going to be there.
@Yogi1872 What Cleanco said is identical for me. Use to only texts thoughts with gates, now they all get messages.

Well Barnstaple was under water this morning with flooding, 20ft waves breaking on Westwood Ho! Beach and 45+ mph winds

I've been doing an end of tenancy clean in a flat all day to avoid getting washed away

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1712675082421.jpg
    FB_IMG_1712675082421.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1712675096163.jpg
    FB_IMG_1712675096163.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1712675110632.jpg
    FB_IMG_1712675110632.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240409_160415_Weather&Radar.jpg
    Screenshot_20240409_160415_Weather&Radar.jpg