Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sufactant - When to Mix?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

LiamChecks

Hi all,

I've in the past mixed 500ml of surfactant straight into the 25L barrel of 15% SH which has worked well. However, now I'm using PureSeal products, they recommend you mix 500ml of their surfactant with 25L of DILUTED product. I generally use 2.5% Hypo mix so this will be 500ML of surfactant in a 25L 2.5% hypo mix.

This works out much more expensive but also way more time consuming - have you all experienced this and what's your method/product of choice? I've worked it out and using PureSeal sufactant works out as 2L of sufactant used for every four 25L diluted barrels (costing £7) and my old method is 400ML used for every four 25L diluted barrels (Costing £3)

Thanks,
Liam

Hi all,

I've in the past mixed 500ml of surfactant straight into the 25L barrel of 15% SH which has worked well. However, now I'm using PureSeal products, they recommend you mix 500ml of their surfactant with 25L of DILUTED product. I generally use 2.5% Hypo mix so this will be 500ML of surfactant in a 25L 2.5% hypo mix.

This works out much more expensive but also way more time consuming - have you all experienced this and what's your method/product of choice? I've worked it out and using PureSeal sufactant works out as 2L of sufactant used for every four 25L diluted barrels (costing £7) and my old method is 400ML used for every four 25L diluted barrels (Costing £3)

Thanks,
Liam
We add 300 ml of surfactant to normal hypo and find that’s more than enough . When using pure seal stuff you don’t need to add surfactant as it’s already in it .

Lol ????did they not cover the amount of surfactant needed when you did the course ?
Aye but i was spraying roofs and it was all ending up in the gutter. Now that I use a a few litres a barrel I hardly go through any hypo and I get great results so it works for me. Its only £4 a litre and £30 for 20l tub of hypo. So a job costs me less than £40 and I charge £300 so I'm happy with the result. The customer sees the result within 30mins and always seem very happy. In the end it all comes down to what works and this works for me. ? Going out today for 5 bi-monthly cleans this seems to be where the money is.

We add 300 ml of surfactant to normal hypo and find that’s more than enough . When using pure seal stuff you don’t need to add surfactant as it’s already in it .
PureSeal's NuClear product already has sufactant in but we buy their x3 25 litres barrels of hypo and mix the sufactant - We've previously used a sufactant which I add 500ml in the barrel of SH like you do however PureSeal's sufactant (SurfBoost) has to be added at a ratio of 500ml per DILUTED SH with water which I found quite odd and expensive... Haven't mixed yet but would absolutely rather be mixing with pure SH!

PureSeal's NuClear product already has sufactant in but we buy their x3 25 litres barrels of hypo and mix the sufactant - We've previously used a sufactant which I add 500ml in the barrel of SH like you do however PureSeal's sufactant (SurfBoost) has to be added at a ratio of 500ml per DILUTED SH with water which I found quite odd and expensive... Haven't mixed yet but would absolutely rather be mixing with pure SH!
Ok I have used the nuclear not their normal hypo ,so even they supply a surfactant and say it’s fine to be added to their hypo . Personally if you are going to be doing that I would save yours a lot of money and get dairy hypochlorite then get surfactant Bonnymans and mix your own it works just as well as pre mixed and less than half the price . We only use branded products when the customer specifies it .

Ok I have used the nuclear not their normal hypo ,so even they supply a surfactant and say it’s fine to be added to their hypo . Personally if you are going to be doing that I would save yours a lot of money and get dairy hypochlorite then get surfactant Bonnymans and mix your own it works just as well as pre mixed and less than half the price . We only use branded products when the customer specifies it .
Sorry PJJ think I’m miscommincating here ? I used their normal hypo not NuClear. I use normal hypo and with my old sufactant I mix that straight into the hypo. But PureSeal have said I have to mix their sufactant with diluted hypo which seems odd to me.

Sorry PJJ think I’m miscommincating here ? I used their normal hypo not NuClear. I use normal hypo and with my old sufactant I mix that straight into the hypo. But PureSeal have said I have to mix their sufactant with diluted hypo which seems odd to me.
I guess they are just trying to make more money out of customers , using their surfactant with their hypo I do get that as it will be matched with the product and deamed safe to add to it from a legal point of view , having said that all surfactants should be ok to add to any sodium hypochlorite as that’s what they are designed to be used for , the whole situation is a bit of a mine field to be honest . We have been mixing our own using approved products for around 15+ years ,some customers have specified that we use Benz lightning clenze as it’s government approved but it doesn’t clean any better and costs 3-4 times more but if that’s what they want using that’s fine we just charge them a lot more to cover the extra costs . We have used the nuclear on a few jobs again it doesn’t clean any better but there is no bleach smell with it that’s it’s only good point as far as ime concerned again it’s much dearer than normal hypo .

Latest Posts

Back