Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

summer custmers lol

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Should I just ignore the texts then. I shall say that in the future. Also, just call me Calum, daveyboy. Way too formal haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I have said in another reply, it's not so much that it annoys me (I don't really like her lol) it's what to say when she approaches me in the future when I'm cleaning other neighbours on the same road.

Say your business has really taken off strong and over the winter you have maxed out the round in her area and you can no longer fit her in, offer to put her on a waiting list, or if you need it take her back on and price it right next time, also it will need a first clean again come April /emoticons/smile.png

as times gone on iv got more flexible ,not less . it feels good to not let it annoy me. i gain patience,iv proved to myself i can let it go
iv one customer who on my very first visit asked would i mind being paid in change ? i said thats ok ,a courtesy gesture , and ever since that day has paid me in change every single time. im now convinced her adult son empties fruit machines on a night shift somewhere , cos the coins have a very musty smell to them. iv occasionally asked the lady "why ,wheres this lot keep coming from//??

her reply is always the same "moneys money "

and i the dafty ,always agree
I guess money is money mate, but I'd feel like they were taking the **** out of me and my trade if they kept giving me a handful of coins each time, tricky one to call !

I guess money is money mate, but I'd feel like they were taking the **** out of me and my trade if they kept giving me a handful of coins each time, tricky one to call !
one bonus has been this customer has spread the word , gained me new customers . it is annoying bringing home ten quids worth of change once a month ,its always silvers ,50,20p 10 and 5 p occasionally a chinese coin same size as a 5p . this is what makes me think theres a fruit machine connection, and this family are using me to launder some of a big pile they have .

I have 4 new customers, part of a round I have bought that, dont want cleaned through the winter, next time around March, couple of them I'm not fussed about, as struggling to keep up anyway just now, these house are around £30, so dont mind picking them up the following year. Was thinking of charging them around £10 extra for the "Spring Clean".

I have been doing some pondering while I was at the gym and I think what I will do is allow them to approach me in April but I will treat them as a new customer, first clean £25 then £15 regular. If it happens again the next year, hopefully she will see a pattern forming and stay on over the winter. I don't like being messed around and I think I need to be more confident in my pricing. Although I may actually be really busy in April so it may be a case of "sorry, I'm too busy"

We'll see what happens. Thanks guys. I appreciate your help [emoji4]

Text this back:
eef5290676326a1b54b626fe6e6471bd.jpg

How would you reply to this? Also her neighbour has just text me to cancel until further notice.

Text this: Hi, thanks for the reply infrequent work is priced differently if you just want the work doing in the summer then I am happy to re-quote you just let me know? Then charge her £15

Say your business has really taken off strong and over the winter you have maxed out the round in her area and you can no longer fit her in, offer to put her on a waiting list, or if you need it take her back on and price it right next time, also it will need a first clean again come April /emoticons/smile.png
The waiting list one is a good one I have used, it makes them feel really bad when you say "we're full and are really busy I can put you on the waiting list but don't know when space will become available? I may be able to squeeze you in but prices are at a premium now due to demand for our service?"/emoticons/tongue.png:p:p:thumbsup:

I think some that drop you in winter think "ahh it's only a window cleaner he will come back running when we want him again" offering the waiting list can really **** on their bonfire and make them realise they should of perhaps kept you on and took you more seriously.

Wait till credit crunch 2 kicks in next April, they won't even want us back then so I wouldn't cut your nose off too much to spite yer face?
Fair point but I left self employment because I wanted to work for myself and enjoy some freedom not to be there at the snap of a customers fingers. I have many other loyal customers that will keep me and I'm happy to keep them

Fair point but I left self employment because I wanted to work for myself and enjoy some freedom not to be there at the snap of a customers fingers. I have many other loyal customers that will keep me and I'm happy to keep them

It's an easy target being a windy they think you are on benefits and it's beer money and pocket money in the summer the industry will never shake this off

I think some that drop you in winter think "ahh it's only a window cleaner he will come back running when we want him again" offering the waiting list can really **** on their bonfire and make them realise they should of perhaps kept you on and took you more seriously.
I'm going to add to this if I may please @Trev81.

This 'leave it for winter' is usually an excuse to cancel. I like @Poles Apart 's response, simple and polite.

Text this: Hi, thanks for the reply infrequent work is priced differently if you just want the work doing in the summer then I am happy to re-quote you just let me know? Then charge her £15
Don't forget to also quote the initial first clean charge.

The concern to the OP was how this may effect his customers next door.

This can become an issue if the one cancelling has influence over the neighbours. Again @Poles Apart 's response is all you can do. If they do ask you back the following Spring then it up to you how you decide to proceed - did they mess you around with payment previously? etc.

We bought a round from a trad cleaner which was very underpriced. We cleaned it a few times and then advised customers that they could expect a price review. We had a Mrs Gossip who told us it would never happen as all our customers would cancel our services. She successfully played this card before with the previous cleaners.

We did have a price rise and she did influence most of our customers in the estate to cancel. We held out and eventually 90% of them asked us back at the new rate. So in our experience, you may have to state your case and not be the proverbial first to blink. Use the time slot they created to canvass for more customers - we have found that the customers who we took on in winter were the best to have (excluding the one off Christmas cleans that you can spot a mile off) as they were the ones who genuinely wanted an all year round service.

In my experience, customers very really change their spots. If they mess you around they will mess the next cleaner they find to replace you around as well.

I'm going to add to this if I may please @Trev81.
This 'leave it for winter' is usually an excuse to cancel. I like @Poles Apart 's response, simple and polite.

Don't forget to also quote the initial first clean charge.

The concern to the OP was how this may effect his customers next door.

This can become an issue if the one cancelling has influence over the neighbours. Again @Poles Apart 's response is all you can do. If they do ask you back the following Spring then it up to you how you decide to proceed - did they mess you around with payment previously? etc.

We bought a round from a trad cleaner which was very underpriced. We cleaned it a few times and then advised customers that they could expect a price review. We had a Mrs Gossip who told us it would never happen as all our customers would cancel our services. She successfully played this card before with the previous cleaners.

We did have a price rise and she did influence most of our customers in the estate to cancel. We held out and eventually 90% of them asked us back at the new rate. So in our experience, you may have to state your case and not be the proverbial first to blink. Use the time slot they created to canvass for more customers - we have found that the customers who we took on in winter were the best to have (excluding the one off Christmas cleans that you can spot a mile off) as they were the ones who genuinely wanted an all year round service.

In my experience, customers very really change their spots. If they mess you around they will mess the next cleaner they find to replace you around as well.
I concur

Left self employment to work for myself:rolleyes::rolleyes::hehehe::hehehe:

I have 2 customers that stop for winter so I'm happy to accommodate them but I have had a few start and stop over the years.

Its quite funny really cos I know exactly whats happened now, they can't get a window cleaner for love nor money.

There's 4-5 different companies in my area and we all get on well, so the best thing to do is talk to all your fellow windys and freeze em out!!

Now, they can't find anyone to clean there windows cos we all know who they are!!!

I can't be doing with time wasters, you either want them cleaned or you don't. Don't muck me about!!

I just say ok thats fine, as if i can fit them back in i will, if i cant then i wont but may as well leave it up to me rather than them

I just say ok thats fine, as if i can fit them back in i will, if i cant then i wont but may as well leave it up to me rather than them
Exactly this... especially if I'm already in the area... you might be glad of the extra 20 quid next april...

Latest Posts

Back