Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Surface Cleaner Nozzles v Surface Type

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Derekarogers

Hey, Does anyone have any guidelines for which nozzles on a Surface Cleaner are best for different types of surface?

ie: Block Paving, Indian Stone, Concrete, Resin, Slabs, Tarmac etc.

I know it can depend on certain factors like how dirty the surface maybe and what condition it maybe in like Tarmac for one from what I've read you need to be cautious with this.

But if anyone could help with some advice on what they typically use on specific surfaces.

I am just trying to get to grips with all the different nozzle angles and flow rates etc.

Much appreciated any help :)

Hey, Does anyone have any guidelines for which nozzles on a Surface Cleaner are best for different types of surface?

ie: Block Paving, Indian Stone, Concrete, Resin, Slabs, Tarmac etc.

I know it can depend on certain factors like how dirty the surface maybe and what condition it maybe in like Tarmac for one from what I've read you need to be cautious with this.

But if anyone could help with some advice on what they typically use on specific surfaces.

I am just trying to get to grips with all the different nozzle angles and flow rates etc.

Much appreciated any help :)
As far as I am aware nozzle size is related to the psi and l/min of the machine. The fan/spray pattern is more about the surface you are cleaning.
This site shows you how to buy the correct nozzle orifice size for your machine: How to Select a Replacement Nozzle Article | Royal Brass & Hose
Basically you look horizontally to find the max pressure your machine is rated at, then down to the rated Gallons per min (be aware that US gallons are not same as UK ones!!!!) then go horizontally to the nozzle orifice size that you need - on a FSC your flow is divides by 2 as you have 2 nozzles!

Hope that helps?

PS I don't do PW but have read lots :)

The jets for a FSC are determined by the pressure and ltr per muinit of the pressure washer , they all clean the same way it’s only on the lances that a turbo , or different fan patterns come into play

As far as I am aware nozzle size is related to the psi and l/min of the machine. The fan/spray pattern is more about the surface you are cleaning.
This site shows you how to buy the correct nozzle orifice size for your machine: How to Select a Replacement Nozzle Article | Royal Brass & Hose
Basically you look horizontally to find the max pressure your machine is rated at, then down to the rated Gallons per min (be aware that US gallons are not same as UK ones!!!!) then go horizontally to the nozzle orifice size that you need - on a FSC your flow is divides by 2 as you have 2 nozzles!

Hope that helps?

PS I don't do PW but have read lots :)
Thank You Ched, I will try take a look over this.

I've just seen a lot of videos on YouTube and if the FSC is 5g/pm you would you would just use 2 x 025 tips 2500 x 2 = 5g/pm but they seem to always suggest going up a little so putting 030 so it becomes = 6g/pm flow?

Just there are different angle tips for the FSC also so just not sure what angle tips to use for certain surfaces.

The jets for a FSC are determined by the pressure and ltr per muinit of the pressure washer , they all clean the same way it’s only on the lances that a turbo , or different fan patterns come into play
Are certain angle tips not better for certain surfaces though when using a FSC? More delicate surfaces better used with a not so direct angle and also increasing the flow of the tip?

I just see alot of videos were they talk about using different angle tips and increasing the flow on the tips but not sure on why they're doing this or what particular surface is best for which tips :)

We just use standard jets in ours never had a problem cleaning anything we do , tarmac, brick , block, concrete , wooden decking , plastic decking , imprinted concrete , resin bound all comes up fine

We just use standard jets in ours never had a problem cleaning anything we do , tarmac, brick , block, concrete , wooden decking , plastic decking , imprinted concrete , resin bound all comes up fine
Which jets do you have in your FSC? I think the go to is the 25 Degree angle seems the post common tip?

The wider the angle of jet the lower the pressure on the surface. With a wider jet the same pressure and flow from your pump is distributed over a larger surface so the actual pressure per square inch is lowered.
For example on a timber decking you would use a wide jet say a 40degree or a 25 degree and start with the speed of the engine on low. Remember that if the pressure is too high on the decking you will damage the timber!!! You should start with the least pressure (engine speed) and widest jet then see how the surface comes up.
You will gain experience as you go but starting with low pressure and wide nozzle is always safest.

Back