Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why Under-Sell Your Self

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dth

When out and about i speak to a few window cleaners that i know and often speak to them about prices for certain jobs and some time im taken back on how little some people charge for cleaning windows.

Dont be scared to put a good price in.

i know what you are saying, but if anything like around here, we are full of foreigners that do houses from £2-3 for a 2 bed and £5 for a 3-4 bed, its hard to get the price you want. its like it with other trades i do too, cant get the same price like you could do, few years back we was getting upto £2000 a week for fitting kitchens, now your lucky to get a £1000.

Window cleaners also tell porkies you know as who is going to tell another window cleaner working in the same patch what they really charge :rolleyes:

Window cleaners also tell porkies you know as who is going to tell another window cleaner working in the same patch what they really charge :rolleyes:
I agree but when ive canvassed certain areas and spoke to prospective clients they also tell you what they have been paying and some times i think why would you even bother.
Some people need to get some respect for themselves and realize that they can charge proper money and make a decent living.

But prospects also tell porkies too :rolleyes:

I agree but when ive canvassed certain areas and spoke to prospective clients they also tell you what they have been paying and some times i think why would you even bother.
Some people need to get some respect for themselves and realize that they can charge proper money and make a decent living.
Totally agree about under pricing jobs though as we all lose out in the end.

When out and about i speak to a few window cleaners that i know and often speak to them about prices for certain jobs and some time im taken back on how little some people charge for cleaning windows.
Dont be scared to put a good price in.
Approach it from a different perspective; next time you speak to another window cleaner, ask how many customers he services each month and how much he thinks each visit costs.

If he’s wfp and covers a few areas, even if each cost of visit is low, £2 a time and he has 300 customers to service; he can do the math.

Richard

i know what you are saying, but if anything like around here, we are full of foreigners that do houses from £2-3 for a 2 bed and £5 for a 3-4 bed, its hard to get the price you want. its like it with other trades i do too, cant get the same price like you could do, few years back we was getting upto £2000 a week for fitting kitchens, now your lucky to get a £1000.
I thought im the only foreigner who does window cleaning lol - Personally, I would rather get a job as a driver for 10 quid n h than cleaning a 2 bed for £3. anyway . My cheapest customer is a shop for £6 which takes me no longer then 10 min .

From my point of view - ppl are changing the way of spending money on cleaning . Most of them tend to get cheaper deals or to clean them 4 times a year which I consider fear enough if you want to save some money - cos lets face it windows don;t get really dirty in 4 wks anyway . However Im very happy to clean them lol .

I've done domestic cleaning for 6 years - and from last year I thought to start window cleaning only - which I found to be not very rewarding .

Now I am focused on one off cleans - and even started again end of tenancy cleaning

From window cleaning the most I could get in 7 hrs was £121 average £110

If I do end of tenancy for a 3bed house I can get from £180 to £280

when I do end of tenancy - I always ask if they want gutter/conservatory to be cleaned - which is an extra in my pocket .

Most of them accept - especially if they are moving in

when I do end of tenancy - I always ask if they want gutter/conservatory to be cleaned - which is an extra in my pocket .
Most of them accept - especially if they are moving in
So you put the cash in your pocket and don't pay tax fella.

So you put the cash in your pocket and don't pay tax fella.
may I ask you why do u think so ?

Im happy when I get work and I don't care if customer ask for invoice or not - I just write one for every customer .

that's the way I do fella : P believe it or not

I thought im the only foreigner who does window cleaning lol - Personally, I would rather get a job as a driver for 10 quid n h than cleaning a 2 bed for £3. anyway . My cheapest customer is a shop for £6 which takes me no longer then 10 min .
From my point of view - ppl are changing the way of spending money on cleaning . Most of them tend to get cheaper deals or to clean them 4 times a year which I consider fear enough if you want to save some money - cos lets face it windows don;t get really dirty in 4 wks anyway . However Im very happy to clean them lol .

I've done domestic cleaning for 6 years - and from last year I thought to start window cleaning only - which I found to be not very rewarding .

Now I am focused on one off cleans - and even started again end of tenancy cleaning

From window cleaning the most I could get in 7 hrs was £121 average £110

If I do end of tenancy for a 3bed house I can get from £180 to £280
If you want your windows perfectly clean all the time, they need cleaning every 4 weeks even with the pure water there starting to get mucky after 5-6 weeks.

may I ask you why do u think so ?
Im happy when I get work and I don't care if customer ask for invoice or not - I just write one for every customer .

that's the way I do fella : P believe it or not
Just the way you said it FELLA.if your doing end of tenancy cleans customers always need invoice for proof of cleans for the agency.not saying you don't pay tax,where you from FELLA?

If you want your windows perfectly clean all the time, they need cleaning every 4 weeks even with the pure water there starting to get mucky after 5-6 weeks.
you find it takes that short of a time?

my house windows after 4 months start to see the dirt,

got customer houses that still look good after 8 weeks,

Just the way you said it FELLA.if your doing end of tenancy cleans customers always need invoice for proof of cleans for the agency.not saying you don't pay tax,where you from FELLA?
sorry - I have to work on my English

PS: From somewhere in Europe : )

Depends were ya live, wether near a quarry..busy road, quite estate.

Even alot of bad weather effects windows too

Some 8 wkly cleans are still clean others 4 wkly cleans are filty!

When weather is dryer for longer period(last years draught) a lot of windows were sill clean..

you find it takes that short of a time?
my house windows after 4 months start to see the dirt,

got customer houses that still look good after 8 weeks,
Deffo takes that short of time, after 5-6 weeks if you look at the glass closely from the inside looking out the windows are dirty.
Having yur glass, frames and sills cleaned on a 4 weekly basis is a basic maintenance to the property keeping it looking neat and tidy.

What frequencies do you do.

if you look at the glass closely from the inside looking out the windows are dirty.
Only a window cleaner has that habit - I always do that after I clean - im going back and check several times - I don't think the customer will go and check the window s from 4 different angles - unless it was cleaned really bad

I know a guest house - which didn't have a window cleaner for 3 years .

Are there any inspections in the UK to check the standards of a business place - like a hotel or guest house ? or windows are cleaned only if the owner wants ?

Latest Posts

Back