Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

To clean, yes or no?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Potta81

Hi guys, happy new year!

im going to put a few photos below my rambling. I just wanted advice on windows that have gaps between the soffit & the frames where the plastic trim has come off (not by me btw) I’m cleaning trad atm so it’s no problem but when I move over to wfp  (hopefully by summer) will these windows be ok to do with the wfp??

I have 2 or 3 houses with this problem & my gut feeling is to avoid them when I make the change as surely water could maybe cause damp issues on the inside wall or something.

Any advice appreciated ??

AE3B74E2-B7A0-4720-8F97-2C37080AB224.jpeg

78CF995E-3D1B-43C3-A361-8C75FC325E34.jpeg

7C7B4E38-F8BD-4FB6-80E1-91A908DC4CCC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would either stop the flow when you run along the top or allow the water to hit the frame just above the glass and let the bristles clean them. Probably leave a few marks if someone looks up close. 
cheers for the reply ??

its a bit annoying with this particular house as it is one of the only houses I have with out any top openers so I thought this would be more straight forward with the wfp. There are 7 top windows on the house & 2 of them have these gaps.

nothings ever simple lol

Ime sure it will be fine first clean will be the worst once the top frame is clean it will need minimal water on the top to keep it clean ,we have dine far worse than the ones in your pictures and not had any water ingress problems, you will never look back once you make the change 

Back