Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tons of leaflets... What to do with them?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ashley1337

So when I started out, I didn't think it through at all and just assumed that I'd be able to post around 1000 leaflets an hour with the wife helping.

Obviously I was very wrong, and bought 10,000...

I posted some initially and managed to use around 2500 over the first few months as it took longer than expected especially doing 2 jobs and then I got comfortable and now I'm busy enough where I'm happy with the amount of customers I've got other than the few who I couldn't care less if they dropped off as they seem to replace themselves near enough the next day.

With winter coming, I can only guess I'll get some drop off from the ones who only wanted summer or Christmas coming up etc, would it be worth just paying someone to do them for me? Worst case I don't get many new customers, best case I get some new ones at a better price as I'm a bit more experienced at pricing jobs lol and then I can get rid of the undesirable at the same time?

I can't bring myself to post them... Seem to be shattered when I finish lately, who'd of thought window cleaning would be so tiring!? ?

I binned them in the recycling bin because after a few years you don't need them. I try and do a half day charity work every week now. Today I cut a neighbour's grass who had just moved in as a welcome gift. She has offered me some jobs to do with payment. I now realise this has far better outcome than leaflets but took me years to realise this. ?

As mentioned above it’s best to have a compact round with few van moves per day, with that in mind after cleaning a property post either side a few houses and across the road the same thing. So many walkups over the years knew I cleaned their neighbours but didn’t have My contact details, People don’t talk so much these days some don’t even know their neighbours. glad You’ve got traction, keep plodding on through the winter and have another push when you have more daylight.

Latest Posts

Back