Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's the current best way of picking up new work?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5762
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

Deleted member 5762

I do ok for work, but I have recently lost a few customers due to them tightening the purse strings and it's a gone a bit quiet.

Fair enough in the grand scheme of things at the moment, but I'd like to know how you guys pull in new work at the moment please?

I used to get quite a few off social media (a lot of messers, but some very good customers overall), but this has rapidly gone down - or they're the usual social media cheapskates.

I'm not sure whether to invest a bit more in my website, or flyers or other types of marketing.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you already have a website even if it's basic that will do the job, don't spend money you don't need to I assume you have a FB page which is free so keep that updated, Flyers the money you spend plus the time it takes to deliver it would be just as easy and free to go out knocking doors that would be my suggestion.

This year has been a not-so-good year I'm a little bit like you lost quite a few jobs well over 30 jobs in fact and inquiries have been down since Spring as has my conversion rate from quotes.

you've just got to keep on getting on every spare bit of time you have to get out knocking on doors, also put in some effort to get customers to leave a review on your FB page and Google, target areas where others aren't, years ago I did well on new build estates now they are getting plagued with lads charging £5 a house, I've picked up work in streets I thought were sewn up, big houses though at very good prices, you could very well hit on lucky like I have.

Best of luck (y)

I have been in business now for just short of 3 years WFP set up I started with flyers and tried different designs but you do get some response and customers but now I will just knock on the doors and introduce myself this as got me some good work. For the past 10 months I have tried Bark.com seen some mixed messages on forums etc but my experience has been very successful. I only advertise windows cleaning within a 35 mile radius of my home I have 41 new customers through Bark.com all on gocardless I have picked up additional business in the areas the revenue from these customers alone £700 per 4 weekly and cost me £275 to purchase credits I cannot fault Bark.com give it a try. I don't do Facebook,I use Linked In get some good commercial enquiries from this ,I have a website but do not get a lot of work from this source.

If you already have a website even if it's basic that will do the job, don't spend money you don't need to I assume you have a FB page which is free so keep that updated, Flyers the money you spend plus the time it takes to deliver it would be just as easy and free to go out knocking doors that would be my suggestion.

This year has been a not-so-good year I'm a little bit like you lost quite a few jobs well over 30 jobs in fact and inquiries have been down since Spring as has my conversion rate from quotes.

you've just got to keep on getting on every spare bit of time you have to get out knocking on doors, also put in some effort to get customers to leave a review on your FB page and Google, target areas where others aren't, years ago I did well on new build estates now they are getting plagued with lads charging £5 a house, I've picked up work in streets I thought were sewn up, big houses though at very good prices, you could very well hit on lucky like I have.

Best of luck (y)
@Iron Giant this is great. Thank you very much indeed ?

Latest Posts

Back