Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trad 3 - wfp nil

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Same here, i'm stood on the orchid side bank looking across to the other plot, i put a bridge in a few years ago, we had to walk round before which to be fair is only 100 foot. Its idyllic, love it

Tolish how many times do you have to move during most days?I am really lucky on my round, i know just the right spot for everyday that i can park up once and dont have to move until my water runs out. My round is quite hilly too so i always park facing uphill so i get every bit of water out.

But also have a few jobs that need driving about, i try and get them all on one day and get them out of the way, they are priced that i dont lose out by travelling and are usually bigger jobs, like barn conversions, farms or shops. But the most i will do on those days is move 4-5 times within a radius of 1.5 miles, its a real compact round.

I notice when i go down south to my brothers that the windys do one or two then move a few hundred metres then do a couple more etc, asked one a bit back and he said he can do up to 50 miles a day on a normal sometimes even more. When i told him my round is 5 miles from my house and that i park once he was not impressed lol, top bloke though, a real character he had me laughing with some of stories
Now you mention it mate, this may explain some of the difference in the north/south pricing. Just about every windy I see is driving from one job to the next rather then walking. I think the most houses I do on a day is about 8 or 9, but I still make my target wage, and the houses are mostly £ 350grand and up to give an idea of the size and location. My round is still very much in the growing phase and I'm starting to pick up next door neighbours of the houses I do, so it is starting to improve, but all my custies are in the city of Cambridge so I have a lot of driving to do just to get to the round of the day.

I live in stevenage which is only 12 miles to drive round the outside and still have to move my car from road to road

on the plus side I don't drive more than 3 miles to start each day

Now you mention it mate, this may explain some of the difference in the north/south pricing. Just about every windy I see is driving from one job to the next rather then walking. I think the most houses I do on a day is about 8 or 9, but I still make my target wage, and the houses are mostly £ 350grand and up to give an idea of the size and location. My round is still very much in the growing phase and I'm starting to pick up next door neighbours of the houses I do, so it is starting to improve, but all my custies are in the city of Cambridge so I have a lot of driving to do just to get to the round of the day.
Sounds alright to me, it must break your day up? It can become tedious/relentless my type of work. But saves on fuel and unpacking and setting back up again.

One of things i do like though is i'm like part of the furniture, i must get bipped at and waved at by custies driving by about 10-15 times a day. I reckon i know 90% of their names too, which i never really had on previous rounds.

I have just bought some rhino quick ladder clamps as am fed up with all the winding on and off..on and off..on and off

Would be nice to only take em off once

yep me dont like to move the car once i get there...but it does somewhat depend on mood and the weather...and besides ...walking with the kit on ...is a great advert..

tomorrow ....as luck would have it ...the first two i do are together for once...as they both email when required...i shall check out one from my car and if she is out...i start there....if she is in...i start on the other ...and will walk between the two....and then gardening for two hours ..which is actually planned as one...and then...a new one...miss becky...whoever she is...and move the nest...may put the windows off til next week if i can...

today as usual ..i overestimated what i could do and had to leave one...booked in for thursday aft noon..it will all work out ..im sure...:hehehe:

Sounds like a hectic day to me lol I don't mind moving the car good excuse to have a quick break my feet kill after a while so to get off them is great even it's only 2 minutes around the corner

I'm really surprised that hardly any cleaners offer a niche exterior property deep cleaning service as it's easy to earn a good wack from doing just one property in a day. That is if you price it well so beats running around like a headless chicken trying to get the round in as that sort of job can be done whilst it's raining too. Not only that you get paid when the job is completed on the same day.

I wouldn't know where to start getting the work in mate

Window work is easy to find but I do gutters and conny roofs etc

Homes and mortgages phoned yesterday with 2 townhouses next to each other to clean for landlord..had to turn it down as waiting for my new long ladders:gush:

No it is fine

She understands as she knows I am just setting up for myself and phoned on the off chance I could do em

Said she has some work for me for next week possibly

I won a £250 job today because her trad window cleaner could not do it so works both ways sometimes. His loss my gain... get in there /emoticons/biggrin.png

I clean this road and I have every house but 3, today that changed one came out asked me some questions about wfp. How does it work? I said it's 100% pure water pumped from a water tank into a brush when the water dries the window should be clean.She then said her window cleaner came on Saturday in pouring rain and she asked him how can you clean in the rain he said they add something to the PURE water? I just laughed and thought pure water isn't pure if they add stuff to it? anyone ever heard such sillyness?

Anyway the 3 I didn't clean said that after he left the next Day they were all the Windows where still dirty, so got 3 New custys now I clean the hole road happy man today /emoticons/smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't have a wfp system then you can loose out bigtime on well paying jobs as that windy found out to his cost :rolleyes:

I do them smurf, i have 3 to do. Exactly as you say, good dosh for 3/4 days work and get paid with a brew and bickies lol

i am in negotiation for my first....i have told her to send the cheque to the tenant...as i aint chasing money any more...gonna have to get my smurf weed busting knife out...../emoticons/biggrin.png

Adding anything to purified water , whether cleaning windows or any other surface is a bad idea.

Try disposing of all those fancy polishes and magic cleaners and use a microfibre cloth and a spray bottle with only purified water in it. It cleans inside glass, tv screens, fridge doors, cooker tops etc completely streak free. Try it, its the perfect cleaner and its environmentally sound.

WARNING: Do Not Spray Directly On Tv Screen, Spray Water On Cloth In A Light Mist And Apply To Screen Only!

Back