Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

trad liquid?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think i have tried most things but all ways end up going back to fairy..

Also i like squeegie off..

The worst i think i have tried are the unger liquid or unger gel but the unger liquid does smell nice

Fairy.

Used Ecover, found it didn't cut through grease the same and I it doesn't activate (bubble up) as well.

I always get normal green fairy, I've found myself hating special scented fairy as they don't clean as good, to focused on smelling good imo.

Good old Green fairy lasts ages and is on offer somewhere most of the time.

Fairy for me, I havent teied anything else. Well the cheaper ''fairy'' products but there all watered down far to much even Persil sucks too. I get 5l of fairy for about 5-6 depending what deals Macro has

I forgot to mention this, I went and for myself some pomegranate ecover! I now will use ecover rather than fairy. It seems you do have to give it an extra squirt to get it nice and bubbly, but I notice when scrimming it evaporates off the glass alot quicker, and does not dry in as white, when I used fairy some times I'd need to go over edges twice but with ecover 1 does the job.

Yes I'm impressed with the ecover, I prob not get working today, but I am going to start using pure water instead of warm tap water to see if that makes any difference too

I've been using Unger Liquid in the relatively short time I've been trading. I'm happy with it, but then have nothing to compare to as it's all I've used! Perhaps I'll give Fairy a go some time to see how it compares.

Yes I'm impressed with the ecover, I prob not get working today, but I am going to start using pure water instead of warm tap water to see if that makes any difference too
I don't see the point, after your first couple of dips into the bucket with your mucky app you'll be putting the ppm up.

I could use water with mud and a vacuum bag full of dust in and still clean windows, as the squeegee cleans it, all you need soap for is picking the dirt off the glass and lubrication.

I don't see the point, after your first couple of dips into the bucket with your mucky app you'll be putting the ppm up.

I could use water with mud and a vacuum bag full of dust in and still clean windows, as the squeegee cleans it, all you need soap for is picking the dirt off the glass and lubrication.
Point really is pure is softer and less ecover is needed, I only use rainwater and use a lot less than in tap water but then I don't use a bucket so don't get my water dirty, I only use Unger sprayer on a belt.

And before someone asks, no I don't need to keep rinsing my applicator if it gets dirty I change it and thats only once twice a day.

I ain't got one yet but not happy when using a pole, can't get hang of it so might still get a wagtail and give that a go.

I was messing about with it on my windows ground level and it's got nothing special for doing bottoms.. I will give it a go on some high shop fronts on Monday and see if it helps any. I seen the h man has a different angle connection on the pole I think would also be better than just the pole.

Back