Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trolley 'systems' are stupidly expensive

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jake

Been searching around trying to find which one to buy as I've got some courtyards to do in a big block of apartments,

I was gonna get a backpack but there just way too small in capacity,

But trolley systems are stupidly expensive for essentially is a really easy and simple bit of kit!!!!

Might make my own...

Anyone made there own decent one?

Smudger on the other forum has some pictures up of a couple of trollies he has had made up for jobs he has with internal courtyards. Units fitted with 100 liter tanks.

What about something like this as the platform for awkward large commercial jobs?

8873687318558.jpg

Reckons 30ft is ok..not sure about above that

Or make the same thing with decent pump

I've got one being delivered tomorrow

@Posh

Do you have it on a trolley or just carry it and a barrel?

I am debating what to do with it

I leave mine in the van. My hose is 150ft long so just stick it in the drum & turn it on & go. Think if I was carrying it & the drum I think I'd put it all on a trolley. Them 25litre drums are pretty heavy when full. I have a tap on the hose so I can turn it on & off as I'm moving about.

I have a trolley i nicked from my mates place i used to drive for

£200+ it is solid aluminium and built for delivery drivers

Think it is a bit big and heavy for in and out of car

Very tall also with the round top and sticky out handles

May cut it down to the top of the barrel so it is short and light

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already lined up some new townhouse work i quoted since selling Neil my big ladders and 2 big conny jobs so next week will be busy

@Posh or anyone else how much many average 3 bed houses would you get out of a 25l drum tops only??

I have been practicing at home and on a big new clean this morning with tapwater on harden tap turned down very low and don't seem to use much at all to get the glass and frames looking alright..then have to jump up ladder and squeegee lol as it is tapwater

I have 4 barrels and will be getting more on Thursday from the polish car wash boys..hopefully they will have saved the lids this time..good old smurfy has sent me some in the post

@Posh or anyone else how much many average 3 bed houses would you get out of a 25l drum tops only??I have been practicing at home and on a big new clean this morning with tapwater on harden tap turned down very low and don't seem to use much at all to get the glass and frames looking alright..then have to jump up ladder and squeegee lol as it is tapwater

I have 4 barrels and will be getting more on Thursday from the polish car wash boys..hopefully they will have saved the lids this time..good old smurfy has sent me some in the post
I can clean maybe 10 houses fully with 6 barrels, roughly, though I always carry more so not a precise measure.

Back