Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trolly v van mounted

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I remember my first system pf trolley ๐Ÿ˜ฌ i remember sweating running round with 25l drums absolute nightmare ๐Ÿ˜‚praying i could get the job finished on one drum ๐Ÿ˜‚
This is why I modded mine. If memory serves when I weighed the trolley as it came supplied back in 2014 it was almost as heavy as a full barrel of water. So getting it in and out of my car was tiresome. However, the mods I made to it halved the weight and made it so I could lift it in and out with ease with just one hand. The original foam tyres were also very heavy but the newer ones are made of a much lighter foam.
I'm still using it daily and my daughter is using my original one from 2007 with the same mods.

This is why I modded mine. If memory serves when I weighed the trolley as it came supplied back in 2014 it was almost as heavy as a full barrel of water. So getting it in and out of my car was tiresome. However, the mods I made to it halved the weight and made it so I could lift it in and out with ease with just one hand. The original foam tyres were also very heavy but the newer ones are made of a much lighter foam.
I'm still using it daily and my daughter is using my original one from 2007 with the same mods.
Why not just get the nano trolly ?

I still think the best trolley system ever is mine. Still use it on awkward jobs where I can't park within 100m of a job

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240521_235432_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240521_235432_Instagram.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 1
Why not just get the nano trolly ?
I already had my standard trolley before the Nano came on the market and had used it as it came supplied for a short while.
The first thing I changed, was the Digital flow controller as it drove me nuts. It was not the fault of the controller. I was only using a 20m length of PU pole hose (no reel) and the digital controller didn't work well with it. I kept having to wait 3-4 secs for it to turn on every time I opened the valve. A basic 20amp PWM controller was the solution to the problem and it is still going strong today. I love the simplicity of it.

Then came the mods to make it lighter as I started to suffer from RSI in my wrists. I reasoned that if a backpack can run all day on a relatively small battery, then why not fit the internals of a backpack to my trolley which is effectively what I then did. I just used a slightly higher rated pump because I like a little more flow than a backpack offers.
I did however, have to rewire the trolley to include a 40amp automotive relay to prevent the pressure switch from burning out every few months. Since I've done that the trolley has been brilliant, and if I ever got my hands on a Nano carcass that's how I'd wire it up.

Bit of a long read I know but hey its bucketing down. :ROFLMAO:

Back