Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Udemy course reccomendation for facebook ads?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Carl Anderson

Can anybody reccomend a udemy course for facebook ads that has helped them successfully grow their business. I've tried them myself with little success. Also tried posting in free groups with some success but can be hit and miss.

Or any other course that has helped?
Thanks

Get a friend to post a response to your ad/posts such as "Are you coming to mine next week? my neighbour wants his doing can you fit him in same time? " you reply "Im coming Monday morning first thing ,and yes to your neighbour ,thanks very much " this builds trust . Another tactic is to post soothing words in any lost pet section ,yet again a friend replies " Carl will keep an eye out when hes round town cleaning wont you Carl ?"
You need to be posting images of YOU YOU YOU hard at work often ,every 2nd day at the least

Get a friend to post a response to your ad/posts such as "Are you coming to mine next week? my neighbour wants his doing can you fit him in same time? " you reply "Im coming Monday morning first thing ,and yes to your neighbour ,thanks very much " this builds trust . Another tactic is to post soothing words in any lost pet section ,yet again a friend replies " Carl will keep an eye out when hes round town cleaning wont you Carl ?"
You need to be posting images of YOU YOU YOU hard at work often ,every 2nd day at the least
So basically building a business on lies then ?

Be careful as if Trading Standards catch you doing such stuff it could be classed as deceptive advertising!

But it was funny though.

Seriously, I wonder how many actually do this and other tactics to raise their advertising profile.
Everyone looking at the groups I’m on. Every single request for a cleaner / builder / plasterer / handyman / whatever ‘that you’ve used yourself and can recommend’ is met by responses from the same people recommending the same people. Presumably wives / girlfriends / businesses other account. Honestly don’t know why anyone asks for recommendation’s on it.

What does work well is actually being good at what you do and have clients recommend you on their WhatsApp groups. Much more genuine and personal. Can’t really ask them to do so or join yourself though in most cases unfortunately.

I have toyed with the idea of doing some paid advertising but always been put off by the quality of the people who look for tradesmen on there. Certainly round my way the only clients using Facebook are wanting the lowest price job and availability yesterday. And often tell you what they want to pay. ?

try and befriend Loud mouth mother earth types -they often are in cafes .I used to know several and theyve often got nothing much better to do than spread gossip/text/facebook etc -but youre a friend so its good gossip- about how good you are etc etc and i made sure to park up by one local cafe lunchtimes to see my "friends buy coffee or at least offer to_One time i ended writing someone a job reference

Just ask your customers when you see them to advertise you
Tell them you’re trying to expand so if the know anyone or hear anything just put your name in the mix
Worked for me years ago and a lot of my customers recommend me over the years
If you’re good and friendly work finds you
Not as quick as door knocking etc but usually good customers picked up

Just ask your customers when you see them to advertise you
Tell them you’re trying to expand so if the know anyone or hear anything just put your name in the mix
Worked for me years ago and a lot of my customers recommend me over the years
If you’re good and friendly work finds you
Not as quick as door knocking etc but usually good customers picked up
Same here mate, my name gets thrown into the hat countless times by the customers I have a good rapport with mostly

I saw someone did something similar to this on NextDoor last week and got around 20 people asking for his number. Quite clearly set up but it did seem to work

Everyone looking at the groups I’m on. Every single request for a cleaner / builder / plasterer / handyman / whatever ‘that you’ve used yourself and can recommend’ is met by responses from the same people recommending the same people. Presumably wives / girlfriends / businesses other account. Honestly don’t know why anyone asks for recommendation’s on it.

What does work well is actually being good at what you do and have clients recommend you on their WhatsApp groups. Much more genuine and personal. Can’t really ask them to do so or join yourself though in most cases unfortunately.

I have toyed with the idea of doing some paid advertising but always been put off by the quality of the people who look for tradesmen on there. Certainly round my way the only clients using Facebook are wanting the lowest price job and availability yesterday. And often tell you what they want to pay. ?
Incidentally best one I’ve seen read something like:

‘Need five drops of wallpaper hung. I have the paper. Will take maximum of two hours and I will pay no more than £60’

I would imagine he’s either still waiting or someone came round and hung it upside down. ?

Same here mate, my name gets thrown into the hat countless times by the customers I have a good rapport with mostly
Agreed. All mine is on recommendation and repeat business. If you’re good work just comes to you. I had one client mind who told me to my face that the local whatsapp group is always asking for tradesmen recommendations but ‘I’m not telling them because then you won’t have time for my work’ ?.

Back