Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Unreasonable people !

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Very true. Be the stronger party is always the best way to be. Once you've reacted you've lost the fight 
In my particular situation I had bitten my tongue long enough . This was an accumulation of sly digs and comments. While tradding some local shop fronts he stopped with me one day and asked where my waggly pole was as if I was giving a special service to these shops by using the trad method. 
I think he thought that the water fed pole was an inferior method so somehow he felt done by. 
Even when I was tradding his house he had something smart to say. I’m his eyes I was just the window cleaner. The day I dropped him I picked up 3 in the same area so it worked out well. 
I don’t need or want customers like him but as I said in my earlier post his wife is a lovely woman so that’s my only regret . 

Today I finally had enough of a customers sly comments and told him to get a new window cleaner .
this particular customer always has something to say either about Price or the use of water fed pole.
I was talking to his wife today (lovely woman ) about a window that had a mark on it I think was caused by the opening a top opener before the window had dried properly therefore sparking dirt on the window below.
I told her I’d come back after I do a few house to check it was ok this time. She said she hadn’t noticed but her husband preferred the traditional method but she was happy with water fed pole and told me not to worry.

i came back when the windows were dried and checked them. They were all perfect and my theory about the opener splashing the window below was correct as I cleaned it then opened it myself then cleaned the window below before I left.

I knocked the door when I returned and the husband answered so I asked which windows he had a problem with to which he replied all of them !
he then said I just splash Water all over the place . I then asked him to show me where Theses marks were on the now dry and perfect windows, he didn’t have an answer so I just told him then to find a new window cleaner .
he then said he was only joking and to keep doing them . I said no and walked away .
I hope he has a good time explaining to his wife that they no longer have a window cleaner . I’ve no time anymore for people with attitude. It’s actually a monkey off my back not having to go near him again.
Update on this situation:
The wife of this unreasonable customer stopped me in town last week as I knew she would. She apologised for her rude husband and told me she never had a problem with my work and her husband is never happy with anything….including her own housework. I actually felt sorry for the woman as it sounds like she’s living with a chauvinist bully from the way she described his behaviour.
Moral of the story is I’m not taking **** from anyone rude.

What annoys me is some smart ass walking past and they say “ you have missed a bit and laugh “ I normally say scornfully never Hurd that one before !!!!!
I love it when they say that. I tell them. "There is actually a window cleaner in Derbyshire who calls himself Mr Bit. Then I ask them if he was a window cleaner, did he think it was a good name to call his business that, even if he has got a good sense of humour.

He maybe the best window cleaner in the area, but what sort of message is he sending to potential customers with a name like that? Do you think port hole cleaner is a good name for a window cleaning business?
They soon realise that they made a stupid comment to be funny but soon wish they hadn't. ?

Back