Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

BACKPACK LEAK, van clear out.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

well after all the issues with stupid leaks and getting all set-up leak free, i left my gardiners backpack hose hanging without placing it in a container as it has a male end on the clear hose connection.i have a holster tied onto backpack which i just place the end into when finished, all drips go inti that.

anyway left it out, so all night the backpact drips out of hose end and all onto van floor.

finished yesterday till monday now, so today all van is cleared and drying out.

ill have to get a tap fitted onto hose i know.

shall i paint the interior of the citroen dispatch or just the wood flooring. now the weather is getting warmer.

i dont think i will screw flooring back down. easier to leave incase it needs to come up again.

have you been in the same situation.

or just leave and make sure all leakeages or items that may leak are kept in a tray type flooring.

i put lino down but any water escapes into the clamp areas which you cant cover up as you need yhem for your ratchet straps.

also bought 2 hosetail minibore fittings for my gardiners hose from CPM off ebay, one is starting to leak near the nut area , only been on 1 week.

context pneumatic -supplies

ill get onto them, my old one from gardiners had been on for 2 years

@johnny bravo , Regarding your backpack, Why don't you put the female connector on the backpack and male on the pole. Backpack wont leak then and you just drain any water in the pole at the end of the day by opening your Pole Tap.

i only use the backpack ocasionally, reel hose has male tap on, easy to turn off, poles have female ends, means changing all over, ill just stick a tap onto backpack hose.

van flooring all dried out now.

ill paint the wood flooring to preserve it longer in case it gets wet again.

may do van flooring in summer. so i can leave all doors open for ventilation and quick drying

You could fiberglass the floor if you wanted

Here is the projet start that someone did

Goes through the vids to see how its done

[media]

[/media]

im going to try BITUMEN paint, ideal for metals, and other surfaces to waterproof,

£17 for 5 litres in wickes.

a lot cheaper than protectakots, then plyline back over and paint the ply wood

Latest Posts

Back