Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dasslr1

94 to go
quoted a lady today for her windows and got the job nice 1 ,then she asked if I could clean the top of her conny roof ....eeeerrrrmmm.i was honest with her and said I don't really do conny roofs but ill look into it .

looking back I know I should of taken pics and put them on here to show but im a *** and forgot,so ill try to explain the best I can.

1. the conny is 8feet by 6feet roughly

2.theres a extended flat roof next to the conny on the left so I think it will easy to be on the roof and do the left side from there ,but the right side might be a problem because its close to a fence.

3.all I have is my windows cleaning gear ,ladders ,pole ,soft brush and hard brush and cloths.

is it worth me doing it at all.is there any chemicals that's best for this sort of job or is hot water soap and elbow grease the best.and finally im not sure how long itll take so not sure what to quote ,any ideas?

get youre self down to a motorist discount shop get a tub of tfr and a extending car was brush should cost you around £10-12 if youve got a cheap one around. dilute the tfr about 50-1 dip brush in and give a good scrub connect the car wash brush to the customers hosepipe and rinse and scrub as needed is it just one section of roof or is there 2 or 3 sides on it? if its just one section then charge for an hours work shouldnt take too long or 2-3 sides should take no longer than 2hrs, dont worry if you under price i did when i first started but just learn from it at the end of the day its only costing you time

get youre self down to a motorist discount shop get a tub of tfr and a extending car was brush should cost you around £10-12 if youve got a cheap one around. dilute the tfr about 50-1 dip brush in and give a good scrub connect the car wash brush to the customers hosepipe and rinse and scrub as needed is it just one section of roof or is there 2 or 3 sides on it? if its just one section then charge for an hours work shouldnt take too long or 2-3 sides should take no longer than 2hrs, dont worry if you under price i did when i first started but just learn from it at the end of the day its only costing you time
I think there was 3 sections either side.im doing her windows Monday ill get pics of it on here.and ty for comments

Dassir, could you do the one bit of roof next to the fence from a neighbours garden?
I did think of that and it will be possible (fingers crossed) ill have a word with there next door to see if its alright lol ty for comments

I know you want the work mate, but if it's going to be a mare it might pay you to tell her you can't do it. I used to clean a conny roof with an extension pole, mop and blade. I detested doing it as on one side I had to walk in a brick built gutter. If it had rained my feet would be soaking.

I know you want the work mate, but if it's going to be a mare it might pay you to tell her you can't do it. I used to clean a conny roof with an extension pole, mop and blade. I detested doing it as on one side I had to walk in a brick built gutter. If it had rained my feet would be soaking.
I was wondering if not to do it,luckly she doesn't want it doing straight away. And if I don't try ill never know.it would be nice to have conny cleaning under my belt to BUT if its going to be a hassle I might have to pass it on(sigh).but ill try an get pics on first before I decide.ty

I've done a few of these,it a nice earner,also done a full upvc clean with a spray (DIY store)and scouring pad

All I used was a telescopic pole that a hose can plug into and clean it off that way,as always.most customers want done for peanuts,sometimes the fenials(top ornaments)are flimsy plastic and can snap(DOH,it always been like that ain't it?)and mainly just green and slippy,but when done regularly,it an easy clean

Hope this helps

ty tattooed window cleaner,

was planning on doing her windows today and having another look at conny but its hammering it down at mo aaarrrggg ill give it another hour and see if I can get out .

Lol no worries

I transfering my biz from traditional to WFP and last letters being delivered today,so no cleaning,then no more ladders:),hope cleaning conny goes well and safely

Latest Posts

Back