Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Warter systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tidle

Right, I'm getting a new Van. Is it straight forward taking the old tank out and put in it into the new Van? Do you have to have it done specially

Right, I'm getting a new Van. Is it straight forward taking the old tank out and put in it into the new Van? Do you have to have it done specially
There's a popular post, at the present moment, about someone not doing it properly, unfortunately one of his workers were killed when the tank moved and crushed him. I think that should tell you the way to go.

I sold mine lock stock and barrel and bought a brand new system and had it installed professionally
I’ve had mine ratcheted (3 straps) for 18 years but after the incident mentioned I’m going to have one bolted down. Should have done it years ago really! Anyone know anyone near to Wales who will do it? Just need a tank and frame not the full system.

If you have to ask the question, then it would be better for you to have it done professionally.

If you know what you are doing, then the job is easy to do. There are so many things to consider. You don't mention the size of tank or your new van consideration, but it has to be fitted securely and in the right place not to overload either front or rear axle.

You can buy a crash tested system, for example, but if the frame isn't secured properly, then the strength of the installation is only as good as the proverbial chain's weakest link.

Hi spuce,
It is quite straightforward to take the tank out for me, as i am a 20+ year veteran?!! If you want, you can text me and i can come over and do it for you! i only live in bristol, england so it's not far!

Paul

Back