Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I Love Wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

okay wfp isnt popular down their ? your wfp arent u ?
I love my water fed pole. I have an SLX25 with two extra sections in the truck for when I need them. Yes cleaning windows here is different than cleaning windows in the UK. Using a WFP is not as popular because we have storm windows on about 80% of the houses we do and they really have to be done by hand without gloves but that is changing because people are replacing them with new thermo pane windows and they can be water fed poled. We also do all the inside glass on almost every job because most people get their windows done once a year. I think the houses might be bigger. I can only do one a day by myself. We get aout $400 for an average customer in the high end market. The average high end home has about 40 two pane windows. A small house like mine has about 20 two pane windows. People on a budget usually wait two to five years so their glass needs steel wool, razors, hog hair brushes and lots of elbow grease. I have been dropping all those customers. /emoticons/wink.png

I'm trying to do only houses with new replacement windows so I can make the big bucks with my WFP. I came to this forum because the guys in the US all know that you guys across the pond are ahead of the curve when it comes to WFP work. Lots to learn here. I bet I'd be happy with a CLX 80% of the time but I got the SLX because some of the really big houses need the 35ft pole.

same here, focus estate, backpack + trolley, throw 25litre drums in car, dont need to make as much pure, still done in kitchen when its quiet. a couple of hours a few nites a week., i ts great going out in the wind now as i know i dont need to cling on to window ledges gripping for my life waiting for the gusty wind to stop. still get a bit fed up getting trolley in and out of car. i will have to make an extension so i can leave trolley in car when parked next to work. does anyone already do this, if so any pics to give me ideas. cheers.

I love my water fed pole. I have an SLX25 with two extra sections in the truck for when I need them. Yes cleaning windows here is different than cleaning windows in the UK. Using a WFP is not as popular because we have storm windows on about 80% of the houses we do and they really have to be done by hand without gloves but that is changing because people are replacing them with new thermo pane windows and they can be water fed poled. We also do all the inside glass on almost every job because most people get their windows done once a year. I think the houses might be bigger. I can only do one a day by myself. We get aout $400 for an average customer in the high end market. The average high end home has about 40 two pane windows. A small house like mine has about 20 two pane windows. People on a budget usually wait two to five years so their glass needs steel wool, razors, hog hair brushes and lots of elbow grease. I have been dropping all those customers. /emoticons/wink.png

I'm trying to do only houses with new replacement windows so I can make the big bucks with my WFP. I came to this forum because the guys in the US all know that you guys across the pond are ahead of the curve when it comes to WFP work. Lots to learn here. I bet I'd be happy with a CLX 80% of the time but I got the SLX because some of the really big houses need the 35ft pole.
Hello Mike /emoticons/smile.png

Swas: I use a backpack on every job. A friend of mine has a RO/DI system so he could run hoses any time he wants but he also prefers using the backpack most of the time. Making the water at home and carrying a few 6 gallon jugs works for me. I have a van so I could use a system but I prefer not pulling hoses. My friend has a 4 gallon electric backpack with only 25 feet of hose on it and NO cart. He says it's easy enough to just pick it up and move it over a few meters. He only uses the RO/DI cart on big commercial jobs.

Backpacks are not popular in the US.

they are a cheap start up , to get into wfp cleaning and to gain valuable experience to go further when enough customers are added to your data to afford more works gear., winter coming, this is when freezing occurs and will break many a wfp item, thus stopping you from working.

you can bring backpack into house in winter, what price do you pay for an 18 litre backpack compared to uk prices, ours start from £100 - £200

My guess is that 18 liters is about 4 gallons and we pay about $100 for a 4 gallon electric backpack which is about £150.

In the winter I can add a liter of isopropal alcohol to my 18 liter backpack and the water won't freeze on the window. Welll ... Not right away.

My guess is that 18 liters is about 4 gallons and we pay about $100 for a 4 gallon electric backpack which is about £150.
It's more like £62 at the moment Mike, heck of a good deal I'd say.

That was a special price someone was bragging about on a forum. It was a Hudson Neverpump electric backpack. I've seen them for well over $200 at window cleaning supply houses. Don't fret ....

PS

I'm still learning when it comes to $ and £ , feet and meters, and gallons and litres.

PS

What I'm trying to say is you guys shouldn't trust me when measurements are being discussed. :)

It's about being able to afford a full wfp set up .

I'm working from a 3 series estate I have no RO only resin I started trad and eventually started using wfp

If I could carry 400 litres a day in my car I wouldn't do any trad .
ull havea full wfp setup soon if you keep picking customers up mate /emoticons/smile.png

u doing well (Y)

they are a cheap start up , to get into wfp cleaning and to gain valuable experience to go further when enough customers are added to your data to afford more works gear., winter coming, this is when freezing occurs and will break many a wfp item, thus stopping you from working.
am getting duvets over my tank /emoticons/smile.png

plus today was a nice day /emoticons/tongue.png lol

Back