Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Meter - Sewerage and Supply split!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Robt100

I did have a look through the search but couldn't find anything on this scenario so thought I'd ask to see if anyone has any experience of this.
We are in the process of buying a property and it already has a water meter (So going to cost a bit more than my current flat rate of £25 a month!), BUT, Supply comes from Anglian water, and Sewerage from Severn Trent....
I know many have said some companies will want to fit their own sub-meter for the RO system, and others will accept a DIY route, has anyone had an experience of where the 'ownership' of the bill is split between two companies? And is this going to cause a lovely mess when it comes to giving out totally different meter readings, as the sewage will be minus the sub-meter etc.

If anyone has been through this before, your experienced is much appreciated!

It happens a lot over this way it seems @Pjj I'm assuming the drains/sewers wash out into the trent, but the water supply is from an area covered by anglia water (which is oddly, north of severn trent if you go east from here, very bizzare)

Interested to know if you actually get two different bills, worth checking with the current occupants. It may be that it’s just managed by two different companies? If so that’s all in the background and nothing for you to worry about. I’ve never heard of the sewerage being measured, only the input.

It happens a lot over this way it seems @Pjj I'm assuming the drains/sewers wash out into the trent, but the water supply is from an area covered by anglia water (which is oddly, north of severn trent if you go east from here, very bizzare)
Hi, did you get anywhere with this? We have the same thing - 2 separate companies (different area to you though). I contacted the waste water people and they said they won’t offer a reduction because the water I take off site will ultimate end up as sewerage. Now I’m thinking is it the clean water people I need to ask for the reduction as more of my water is going to waste than average?

Hi, did you get anywhere with this? We have the same thing - 2 separate companies (different area to you though). I contacted the waste water people and they said they won’t offer a reduction because the water I take off site will ultimate end up as sewerage. Now I’m thinking is it the clean water people I need to ask for the reduction as more of my water is going to waste than average?
But it doesn’t end up in the sewage when producing the pure water the waist goes on the garden , when cleaning windows the waist goes on the ground or path again 99:9% will go into the ground not a drain .

Completely forgot to update this one!
Turns out it is 2 bills, one for about £27 a year from severn trent for surface runoff. Then the metred stuff through Anglian water.

Funny argument they have there, as they charge 90% of the supply for sewerage, are they suggesting that 10% of all water used just evaporates never to return to earth?? How do they know the water you use is going to be "waste" within their catchment area, if you make the water where you are but clean in a different region are they going to forward the bill onto the relevant company? Sounds like a load of twaddle!

But yes, for my situation it'd be the ones providing the supply who will do the discount, the other company is just surface runoff (or in other words, water from the sky you dont use but they charge you for anyway....)

Latest Posts

Back