Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice please smurf if you wouldn't mind :)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

davewindowcleaner

Hi, due to the circumstance I will have to do less wfp and more ladder work.

Right now I am using my old A pointer ladder 7 metre (23 ft) to clean smaller houses, but I struggled to uesd this ladder to clean high windows. I have put two pictures up below so you can see what I mean.

I rang window cleaning spot to find out how much the 9 metre (30ft) A pointer and it £369 plus vat. I don't fancy it!

Last night I have been browsing old threads on herec and seen pictures of your ladder and ankalad stabiliser. Well I want one :)

My Qs is, is how heavy is the BPS combination ladder compare to my 7 metre A pointer ladder because I will want to use combination ladder to clean windows as well gutters.

What size do u have?

http://www.laddersandscaffoldtowers.co.uk/acatalog/Combination-Ladders.html

I am also looking to get ankalad for the ladder. Do you find it much of a hassle opening and closing the ankalad? Link below

http://www.laddersafetysupplies.co.uk/stabiliser.shtml

And one last Qs ... Microliter stand off, I will be looking to leave it on the combination ladder at all time so my Qs is have you tried cleaning windows with microliter stand off resting on roof tiles?

Thanks

Dave

View attachment 3351

View attachment 3352

Could you not just trad pole windows from the ground that you can't reach by ladder safely?

I use bps 12 rung triple combi for gutter work which are heavy as **** just to be used for regular window cleaning.

Are you on about reach when set or just total length as 9m up is a fecking long way to fall?

I don't want to go up 9 metre high. I just want the ladder to lean above the windows. I cant get my 7 metre ladder above those two houses windows for eg in the pic I put up.

That would reach surely if you laid your ladder out on the ground to extend the height you want.

My lyte triples are 8.5 metre and are long enough to do gutters on a townhouse

Surely 7 metre can do windows

Those triples I have which are over 10 metre total length when set have a working reach of 7.2 metres that again is if the ladder sections are laid on the ground first to the max safe rungs configuration.

That would reach surely if you laid your ladder out on the ground to extend the height you want.
Believe it or not I never tried that. I just push the extended ladder as high up I can and lean it on the wall.

i know if I was to laid it out on the ground to extend it and put it up, it will be bouncing as hell going up.

I been doing wfp for so long and only do small houses on ladder. I am not able to make water where I used to make it anymore which making it difficult for me

I'm also sure you could get someone to flog you pure water too if need be. I've seen a london based firm selling pure to other window cleaners too but for the life of me can't remeber their site

I have two stand offs one is a micro light I use for gutters and one is shorter one perfect for Windows over porchs and so on. (Made this myself) the micro light throws you to far away from some Windows. I bought some ladder mits to put on my ladders, so when I position the ladder I can put it pretty much any where but the glass. saves damaging anything and its also a lot safer no sliding around.

You look like an Ice Skater on the ladder in that video.

Whats all that leaning out either side for?

Get a shorter A frame ladder for the tall ground floor windows there.

No point in putting a big ladder up to do ground floor windows. /emoticons/smile.png

No point in putting a ladder up at all if you are use wfp:D

You look like an Ice Skater on the ladder in that video.Whats all that leaning out either side for?

Get a shorter A frame ladder for the tall ground floor windows there.

No point in putting a big ladder up to do ground floor windows. /emoticons/smile.png

I'd simply buy a 11 rung ladder , both them houses look really easy to clean and if you find them hard you should wfp them if your still doing that ?

I would use my 0° swiveloc on optiloc pole for the out of reach bottoms of just stick my 12 rung triples un extended against the wall

Did 60 quid of jobs this morning already and lots of out of reach bottoms

Did tops then put ladders on motor then did bottoms with pole

With 0° and 30° swiveloc unlocked i can do any window with a pole

Got the file out and did both squeegees so they swivel really smoothly and loosely and now i never lock them even when using 30° by hand

Latest Posts

Back