Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Weird call

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

Paul

Got the strangest call today off a Well known window cleaning company in Carlisle, said it was nice to see somebody taking window cleaning seriously in the area and asked me if I wanted to go and do a city and guilds course for health and safety with one of there lads all Governent funded and they would sort everything, why would they call me to offer that to Maby a future compe***or ?? I really can't work out why.

To add to that I trust nobody that's why I'm slightly weary of it.

That definitely sounds odd.

I got a friend request off a window cleaner this morning on Facebook, had a look thru his profile. Houses with conservatories £7

Needless to say I didn't add him. Haha

Maybe while your away doing training there going to poach your customers:dodgy:, perhaps there going to take you on a one way fishing trip:huh:!! or their lad needs someones hand to hold:p.

Does sound strange, I'd be very dubious.

They wouldn't have many custys to poach they could do that while I sleep lol, really can't understand it at all, I'm gonna go his office tommorow and ask him why it's not like it's a small company they have around 10 vans ???????? Confused

they probally get a grant for training off the goverment for it and just want to fill the spaces up (more cash for them) when i was a joiner my company sent me on loads of 1-2 days courses for stuff that wasnt relevent to me just so they could pocket the cash

This is 3 days over 3 month working at height and basic health and safety city and guilds, it's in Manchester.

Yeh went this morning, seem pretty decent bunch of lads, I asked why did you get in contact with me to offer the coarse, they said it was good to see decent people starting up, and not these idiots doing it for beer money when they decide, even gave me a list of areas with no window cleaners as they don't look for domestic work anymore, and showing me how to keep accounts was there a good hour or so.

So still confused by it but I think it's a case of keep you friends close and your enemies closer, I don't know

Back