Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Protectakote

WCF

Help Support WCF:

garyboy

how many litres would i need fir a berlingo dont want to order to much as its a bit expensive would the 4 litre kit be to much

i got a 4lt tim and still have just under left, but depends on how you put it on and how far up the van you go. i have a berlingo too!

but alway good to have some spare.

i wouldnt buy the kit as it is a waste of money really, just use any rubber gloves, can use any paint brush,

all you need in the paint

i got the 4lts tin and i have just under half the tin left, i have painted the van with 2 coats,

i painted the floor 2wice and half way up the van on each side twice. then i have some spare for any touch ups

quick question, im looking to buy a van with the intention of getting wfp system fitting an i know ill be putting proteckta coat on van, this might eem stupid question but if i get a van van with wood panelling does this need to come off? guess would rot if i didnt take off. anyways.... if someone can confirm this it wud be great?

with my van i ripped out all the wood paneling and painted all the metal its the metal that need the protection. then re fitted all the timber back after treating with a timber stain.

the water will run off the timber onto the metal then could rust the metal, at least if the timber goes it is cheap to replace,

right ok, so i will take out timber, protect the metal then replace the timber and protect that, sounds lieka good plan. can they fit wfp tank onto timber? guess they just drill holes...

right ok, so i will take out timber, protect the metal then replace the timber and protect that, sounds lieka good plan. can they fit wfp tank onto timber? guess they just drill holes...
yer i guess they will do that, i woudnt know, i built my own system

RC the water just sits on the painted floor and we just wipe it off. Don't forget the Protecta Coat acts like a water proof mat when dried.

If painted correctly the water will just sit there.

RC the water just sits on the painted floor and we just wipe it off. Don't forget the Protecta Coat acts like a water proof mat when dried.

If painted correctly the water will just sit there.
did you paint the metal part of the van floor? or just the timber?

Just the timber but was installed by a profesional fitter so not many cuts. If a diy job and cuts do not fit perfect then I would say yes you need to paint the floor.

Just the timber but was installed by a profesional fitter so not many cuts. If a diy job and cuts do not fit perfect then I would say yes you need to paint the floor.
even if the timber is installed by pro's (which i have lots of experence with due to other work i do) there will never be a water tight fit useing wood, it always moves, expands and contracts opening gaps for the water to get under the van, then with the water under it and on the metal floor will start to rust away around all the fixing points to the floor, tanks etc in the long run making it unsafe and weaken the metal.

Latest Posts

Back