Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning The Soffit And Fascia?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

buzzing

I have an extension pole first with a sponge and soapy then use some clothes to wipe off the soap, is this the right way? Also, I have to push the clothes into the grooves in the soffit and fascia, which is tiring to get it really clean. I charge £10/hr, seems like hard work, so £15 for an hr and a half work on a bungalow. Is there a better way or easier way and should I charge more?

View attachment 2262

View attachment 1448

View attachment 1449

View attachment 1450

Remind me which century those pictures were taken in, lol. Looks like hard work to me. If you are traditional style get up the ladder, if not then I am afraid wfp all the way.

If you're charging by the hour you'll make a small fortune cleaning them using this method.

Get up ya ladder if you want to do them quicker.

You could buy a wfp, not the hole kit just the pole and brush. Just attach it to the customers tap. Failing that use your ladder and go up and clean them by hand. I would charge well more than that

you would be wise to convert a harris pole and buy a cheap backpack and it would a lot easier and faster and safer for you, id say around 150 would cover it . most lads charge at least 3 quid a linear meter and youd make a minium of 20 per hour so well worth investing in .

I have an extension pole first with a sponge and soapy then use some clothes to wipe off the soap, is this the right way? Also, I have to push the clothes into the grooves in the soffit and fascia, which is tiring to get it really clean. I charge £10/hr, seems like hard work, so £15 for an hr and a half work on a bungalow. Is there a better way or easier way and should I charge more?
2013-03-29 13.28.18.jpg
Ignore hogwash,at least your having a go mate,might be easier getting up a ladder though mate when safe to do so.

I get up there on the ladders and wash them using an applicator sleeve, then wipe with a damp, then dry cloth to buff them up.

Makes a nice little add on, and can be done in the rain. As Adyspurs said, make sure your safe though.

John

You could buy a wfp, not the hole kit just the pole and brush. Just attach it to the customers tap. Failing that use your ladder and go up and clean them by hand. I would charge well more than that
M is right, I did two by hand, and it was the worst thing I have ever done, took me ages, and even worst when it was in the summer on a really hot day!

I invested in a wfp and 50m hozlelock hose

And virosol, hook up hose to mains water supply and away you go

I usually do them off the ladder, hot soapy water and micro fibre cloths, altho I do have a old sill saver brush I stick on me pole now and use that

It's just a telescopic flag pole I found in my garage so thought would try it out.

Better idea like you say would be to have one pole for spraying and cleaning. Do you use the same brush jets/pole hose and just swap over the sprayer or do you use extra jets in the brush also another pole hose connected to the sprayer?

The sprayer hose is also 8mm and the lane part with nozzle on end ( yellow bit ) the plastic tube is also 8mm...

I took off the yellow part from the sprayer, cut it down to approx 4", and then just pushed my pole hose into the trigger. Then on the top of the pole on the pole hose I used an 8mm - 8mm John guest fitting then pushed the cut down yellow part in, I just cable tied it to the pole, would prefer something more permanent tho.

I did try to use just the jets on the brush but there wasn't enough pressure, then I also changed my fascia brush to 4 jets.

how much would you charge? An an hour and a half cleaning fascia and soffit?

how much would you charge? An an hour and a half cleaning fascia and soffit?
I dont really go by hour, 40-50 is what I normally get. If you get paid by hour you will try drag it out I could put customers off aswell as there left wondering how much there going to fork out. In saying that just do what your doing to get an idea how long a job will take you. When you have a good idea start giving fixed prices out. Its up to you though

Did one today and charged £65 to clear guttering and unblock 2 downspouts. Also charged £65 to deep clean outside of gutters, fascia and soffit.

Took 3 hours in total for £130 as I like to earn at least £40-£50 per hour if not more :biggrin:

done one last week used ladders it was also the gable end of the house had my mate holding ladder used mope sleeve off the tee bar then wiped them with scrim

done them after my graft charged £30 per hour for myself and mate

charging by the hour you canny go wrong or loose out nothing worse than under priced work good work when it comes along

Duncs that sounds like hard graft indeed.

Best get yourself a wfp as is so much easier and safer than doing a balancing act on a ladder. :wink:

Example pic of cleaning fascia & soffit on gable end.

View attachment 2308

Don't worry chaps before someone mentions yes after I cleared out the gutters and downspouts, deep cleaned the outside of the gutters, fascia and soffits, window frames, doors & glass I also came back another day and pressure washed the driveway too which included a free window clean. Chi ching :laugh:

Latest Posts

Back