Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve Leaking

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G

Hi All,

Just interested in hearing any feedback after using univalve for a few moths now...

Mine is leaking, not horrendous but still leaking enough to leave me with wet shorts if pole hose is in contact with clothing.

Not intending on replacing it every 6 months...

Absolutely love it btw.

Louis

Also will it get worse and eventually fail?!

Loud hissing noise at times when activated also...

thanks for uploading the vid @spruce mine is also leaking ill get some o rings :thumbsup: apart from it leaking its working perfect im verry happy with mine so far:rock:

It's actually great to see that they are basically a lifetime item with just an o ring to replace

It's actually great to see that they are basically a lifetime item with just an o ring to replace

I haven't opened mine but if I look closely at the video there also seems to be a seal/gasket/washer/O ring at the bottom of the mechanism which seals the water flow.

I would imagine the thinnest of thin smear of silicon grease would help to lubricate it.

-

Thanks for all the replies.

Awesome video.

Will be buying a bunch of the o rings for spares and checking everything over this weekend.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Does anyone know if there's any difference between a black univalve and a red one?

I've been wondering if black one leaks more / not as good quality etc

Can't find spares for univalve...
They were there yesterday but I can't find them either.

You may have to email him and ask him.

He will be using standard o rings so they will also be available from other sources. They just have to be measured up.

I've sent Steve an email asking the question as it was something I planned to order as well.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought mine was leaking a while back. When I removed it from the pole I discovered it was not the UV leaking, it was the 'o' clamp holding the hose to the rectus fitting at the base of the top section of pole.

Does anyone know if there's any difference between a black univalve and a red one?
I've been wondering if black one leaks more / not as good quality etc
They are the same product

surly under the law the o rings will be covered for a year under warranty? he should send them out free ? its like buying a new van and the gearbox falls to bits in under five months and just going in and buying a new one ? that wouldn't happen would it

I don't think that Steve has ever quibbled about the warranty on them @noddy. For me I would be quite happy to strip the Univalve down, replace the O Ring and reassemble it. It would take a maximum of 30 minutes and be up and running again.

If I sent it away for repairs it would be away at least 3 days and would cost me one way postage. I would then have to put an Aquadapter back on the pole which is no real issue. But its much more convenient to carry the cost of replacement myself.

When I ordered the last Univalve a couple of weeks ago I saw the O Rings on his website. I should have included a couple with the order. Anyway, I didn't so its no use crying over spilt milk.

I don't have a problem but some do, so I won't worry about it. It may never leak.

If he wants the unit back then so be it. Nitrile 70 O rings are available off ebay by recognised suppliers to industry so I would order a couple of those and see what happens.

The thing is with Steve is that he keeps updating his products. I found out with the Aquadapter that each one I bought had different innards. I've got a few taps and other parts for the Mk2 AD that don't fit the later ones./emoticons/sad.png

Someone asked if the red one is the same as the original black one. I would imagine that they are a different colour because the red one has been tweeked a bit so won't be identical to the first one. If that's so then this is an easy way to tell them apart.

-

I took hose off and replaced double ear clamp.

Seemed OK for a couple of minutes no leaks.

Maybe with the constant pulling and water pressure when activated it requires tightening / replacing clamp.

Would like some o rings for spares as I carry spares of everything in the van

Lou

I think we need to get Steve to relist them. I've had no response to my email.

They are an uncommon size. 7.5mm id by 3.7mm cross section. The closest I could find is 7mm x 3.5mm CS.

Mine has got rather hard to pull of late so I took it apart last night. The O ring is fine so I lubricated it with a smear of Vaseline and its been perfect today.

-

Mine has got rather hard to pull of late so I took it apart last night. The O ring is fine so I lubricated it with a smear of Vaseline and its been perfect today.

Lol

Back