Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

one off cleans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dragbag

being relatively new to this game im quite happy with my customer service! but have been getting people contacting me wanting a window cleaner, and i turns out they want a one off clean, there windows have not been touched 2 years, that sort of thing.

had one last week a 1 million £ home (rightmoved the address:whistle:) nice easy job new modern build,

really wanted it as i have others down the road, she just wanted a one off i explained i only do regular window cleaning so i gave her a first clean price and 8 4 week price. so i gambled :oops:... didnt give her a one off price said if you want a one off find another windy but look up what my other regular customers say!!

have not heard back:oops: .. should i have quoted £60 for a one off or tried to force her hand to get her as a regular customer. i though it was worth the gamble. what do you do ??

I always take 1 offs minimum price £50. I explain that monthly is cheaper and better etc which normally changes their mind. If not its £50 for an hour max.

being relatively new to this game im quite happy with my customer service! but have been getting people contacting me wanting a window cleaner, and i turns out they want a one off clean, there windows have not been touched 2 years, that sort of thing.had one last week a 1 million £ home (rightmoved the address:whistle:) nice easy job new modern build,

really wanted it as i have others down the road, she just wanted a one off i explained i only do regular window cleaning so i gave her a first clean price and 8 4 week price. so i gambled :oops:... didnt give her a one off price said if you want a one off find another windy but look up what my other regular customers say!!

have not heard back:oops: .. should i have quoted £60 for a one off or tried to force her hand to get her as a regular customer. i though it was worth the gamble. what do you do ??
You won't change people, I would have quoted high for a good earner one-off.

She will call maybe 6 months for another good one-off earner.

I agree @LouisAMS. People may also want the 1 off clean as a safety net. If you do a good job then you are more likely to be called back later to do them again. This seems to be the way in more well to do areas. You have to earn their trust. Eventually over time you may change them into regular customers. We have also done 1 off cleans and never heard from them again.

Most 1 off cleans are probably tenants who are leaving and want the house clean so they get their 'bond' back.

If you have time then by all means take them on. Once your book is full then you may have to reconsider this option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just depends how busy you are. I personally don't touch one off cleans as I'm busy and prefer keeping to my maintenance cleans. Each to their own etc etc

Same as what the others said. But as always with one offs - charge more.

One piece of advice for you @Dragbag which you may find useful - keep a price list.

I have one in the van at all times and I've deciced what I want for maintenance cleans and One Offs should they request it. This helps becasue you can always refer it to if people phone you wanting a quote.

Although I now use primarily WFPs for my work. If I was a complete tradder, I prob wouldn't keep a price list. This is becasue ladder work is far more time consuming, labour intensive and you never know if you can reach all of the windows, so you cant really quote unless in person, on site.

If you use WFPs, you can quote in confidence, over the phone, knowing that you can bang the work out reletively fast.

This is what I've found anyway

I work in a relatively affluent area I have come to realise and sometimes I charge double for a first clean - ie last week a job I would be happy doing for £70 first time was £140.

The first time took exactly 3 hours with degreaser first as they hadn't been done for several years....

My point is that I have noticed in my area that I have been doing a lot of first time quotes and people say 'what how much' but then when I do the job they see how thorough and perfect it is they are so happy.

It seems lots have witnessed window cleaners either WFP or tradional just doing a 5 min job for half my price but not doing it properly and then disappearing...

People seem to want someone they trust and an excellent job done and the price seems irrelevant.

Latest Posts

Back