Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customer request responses

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marlowswindows

So just had a text off a customer on a Sunday which I find rude everybody's allowed a day off.

Could you fit in doing my internal windows this week. It's a 7 bedroom house so takes around 2/3 hours all Georgian windows.

Sat pondering my response but all I can think are the words f#ck off.

My two major grates about this job. I wouldn't mind but their never in a rush to pay there bill.

Does anybody else get this often? Guessing saying no will nip this one but they often do it and usually I do my best but fed up if messing my round up and rushing around

So just had a text off a customer on a Sunday which I find rude everybody's allowed a day off.

Could you fit in doing my internal windows this week. It's a 7 bedroom house so takes around 2/3 hours all Georgian windows.

My two major grates about this job. I wouldn't mind but their never in a rush to pay there bill.

Does anybody else get this often? Guessing saying no will nip this one but they often do it and usually I do my best but fed up if messing my round up and rushing around
My work phone goes into silent at 8pm till 9am and all weekend. I do look when it suits me out of hrs but customers just don't think.
Just to remind you it's Good Friday this week so a short week, maybe you don't have time to fit it in at such short notice - Easter Monday is next week too so another short week. Obviously you can work when ever you like.

@marlowswindows if you need the money do the job on a day that suits you mate. If not tell them you are fully booked and a bit stretched because of the double bank holiday coming up, and you can squeeze them in on...(pick a day in the future that suits).
I have a couple of customers who are a bit like this. They are nice people but must think you sit at home waiting for them to ring you. I just let them know a date that suits. Don't take the message on a Sunday thing personally. They probably don't think about it being a weekend, and if you wait and reply tomorrow they'll get the hint.

I dont offer internal window cleaning anymore and haven't for years now.i always hated scheduling them in as the customer has to be home.

I don't offer gutter clearing either,another job I don't like doing.

Who's in charge of your round?you or the customer?

Just say you don't offer this service anymore because your too busy with outdoor work.problem solved.

Keep refining your work year after year and one day you ll have a round which you will be happy to clean and
with absolutely minimal stress/hassle!

I don't have an issue with people texting me or a WhatsApp message over the weekend, I text late payers over the weekend because it's sometimes when I review who owes, I had one person actually phone me on a Sunday which peed me off and shocked me that someone would telephone me on a Sunday.

I'd say your issue is with this customer who is a late payer so the fact that she texted you on a Sunday has peed you off even more because you have some resentment towards them already, I'd say she is ready for the chopping block.

I have two that I texted 2-3 times last week and still no payment they will be getting dropped once I've got my money.

I haven't thought about a separate phone, too much hassle for me. Don't mind the odd message on the weekend as I'm usually chasing payment or booking in over the weekend.
Did have a call at around 7:30 one Saturday night, nearly didn't answer it. Glad I did as I ended up with 2 fairly straightforward jobs and 2 lovely customers to boot.

On the subject of internals. I know most folk seem to hate them but for those that do, what is your preferred/easiest method? Squeegee, spray/cloth, stingray etc.
At the moment all I use is squeegee which is a nuisance for the odd Conny roof internal and potentially messy.

I haven't thought about a separate phone, too much hassle for me. Don't mind the odd message on the weekend as I'm usually chasing payment or booking in over the weekend.
Did have a call at around 7:30 one Saturday night, nearly didn't answer it. Glad I did as I ended up with 2 fairly straightforward jobs and 2 lovely customers to boot.

On the subject of internals. I know most folk seem to hate them but for those that do, what is your preferred/easiest method? Squeegee, spray/cloth, stingray etc.
At the moment all I use is squeegee which is a nuisance for the odd Conny roof internal and potentially messy.

I don't offer internal conny roofs either!if you like hassle and faff then crack on!?

Personally I think you need a check up from the neck up even taking on these jobs...

Squeegee
Applicator
Spray bottle of solution
Washing up sponge with the scourer attatched
Spray window and frame
Wipe frame while solution softens everything
Quick scrub over with applicator and then scourer
Blade off
Takes seconds once in a routine and no fly poop etc to blade off after
I also use the combinator squeegee with the applicator on the back so I can scrub then blade without changing tools
I don't offer internal conny roofs either!if you like hassle and faff then crack on!?

Personally I think you need a check up from the neck up even taking on these jobs...
It depends on your business model Daz
You’re a window cleaner I’m an exterior cleaning service
To be fair I do hate conny roofs though

It all depends if you’re busy or not. If you’re not busy you will sometimes need all the add ons that can be faffy. We’ve all done them when need be. If you’re busy you don’t need them. Then YOU can decide what you want to do. The busier you are the easier it is to answer the question!

Thanks all for replys. I'm too busy to do them but within the customers I've gathered around 1k per month of work so that makes it work kind of feel like I have too. Luckily looked at the weather and it's due rain this week so works out well. But still hate the fact I'm my own boss buy feel like I have to jump to there tune

Squeegee
Applicator
Spray bottle of solution
Washing up sponge with the scourer attatched
Spray window and frame
Wipe frame while solution softens everything
Quick scrub over with applicator and then scourer
Blade off
Takes seconds once in a routine and no fly poop etc to blade off after
I also use the combinator squeegee with the applicator on the back so I can scrub then blade without changing tools

It depends on your business model Daz
You’re a window cleaner I’m an exterior cleaning service
To be fair I do hate conny roofs though
Since when has cleaning inside conny roofs classed as exterior cleaning???

I'd rather be in Rhyl....on a rainy Bank Holiday monday.....with Dave Lee Travis outside a cafe that's shut!

Thanks all for replys. I'm too busy to do them but within the customers I've gathered around 1k per month of work so that makes it work kind of feel like I have too. Luckily looked at the weather and it's due rain this week so works out well. But still hate the fact I'm my own boss buy feel like I have to jump to there tune

You will always have to jump to your customers tune....esp if you offer inside work,its the scheduling that can be hassle.i remember once having to wait 60 mins for a customer to come home to let me in to clean their massive house,(I'd already cleaned the outside)...I wasn't happy and I decided to not offer this service anymore.

I just don't like being in very rich customers houses at all. I always end up sweating like a pig and/or knocking something over.you can sometimes be accused of stealing too which is a nightmare.not worth it IMO.

@DansClearView I do a couple of internals. I don't mind because they are nice people and they move all the bits and ornaments from the shelves so I can get to them easier. I use a squeegee and a t-bar and wrap a small towel round them when I'm walking through the property. I used to have an unger stingray but wasn't impressed with it at all.

I hate feeling obligated to do internals I had a lantern roof that I used to do customers were rarely home when I was doing the outsides so she only wanted it done when she knew she'd be at home despite getting a text the night before these are retired people in the end I dropped the internal as the travel plus set up putting protection down on the tiled floor etc was P.I.T.A

I have another one that is a good payer for external but the insides are all high-level windows which need a ladder for plus setting up protection on the floor I don't really like doing them, I do feel obligated when they ask because the regular job of external cleaning is a very good earner.

Back