Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do you drive?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes me too. Swb can carry 999kg. Perfect for me.

Funny enough I spoke to a finance company this very morning about potentially getting one, £17/18K + vat he said, 5K deposit then 5yrs of £220/£250 depending on a couple of things etc

i really like them but trying to resist going down the finance route while my caddy Maxi is still running fine. 
Get one their awesome. Bought a brand new one last year and it’s the best van I’ve ever driven 

I bought an 18month old VW Crafter ( MWB, Hi roof, 23k miles) when Gordon changed the Vat level to 15%, all in £14k. Its now 10yrs old and not much has happened bar that DPF. Got to go a run every 200 miles if I'm just pottering about. Touching 60k soon and all I do is full service every 2yrs with synthetic oil. Seems to be a small price to pay for a clean engine. Will probably run it into the ground like I do with all my vehicles and give them away to a mate who needs one. That's the only way to make a vehicle pay but the makers don't like it.

Tomorrow it goes in for more signage on it, "Softwashing, Patios & Driveways" :1f609:

Our van is really our best way of advertising, I Hope.

Yeh I would like one honestly, I’m just trying to be sensible as a single man with all the bills. Unless someone has got £18,000 + vat they can lend me??

pm me if so...

Neither a borrower nor a lender be

2015 e-nv200 
about 60 odd miles per charge fully loaded. Best about it is it’s properly paying for itself

What tank do you have in this? I looked at the e-nv200 and although it ticked all the boxes the payload just wasn’t enough, compared to the doblo/combo I can’t find a small van to match it with up to a tonne payload

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

What tank do you have in this? I looked at the e-nv200 and although it ticked all the boxes the payload just wasn’t enough, compared to the doblo/combo I can’t find a small van to match it with up to a tonne payload

I have a 280 tank, 2 resin bottles /pumps/ hd reel /power up reel/ hoselock reel big ladder on the roof and a wee 1 . I would say I could be over the payload when I add power washer into the back aswell. Driving it is saving me about £1200 or more a year and that’s not including the fact it’s free to tax and had no miles compared to my last van lol so should me no issues with it . Also the saving off no engine servicing. I absolutely love it 

I have a 280 tank, 2 resin bottles /pumps/ hd reel /power up reel/ hoselock reel big ladder on the roof and a wee 1 . I would say I could be over the payload when I add power washer into the back aswell. Driving it is saving me about £1200 or more a year and that’s not including the fact it’s free to tax and had no miles compared to my last van lol so should me no issues with it . Also the saving off no engine servicing. I absolutely love it 

Cheers CHWS - I carry 400litres at the moment so if I downsize I maybe getting one. I think the newer ones have a higher payload so would have to bite the bullet and get a 17 plate. I researched them for months and no one has reported any problems with them and they are ideal for compact work in our trade

Cheers CHWS - I carry 400litres at the moment so if I downsize I maybe getting one. I think the newer ones have a higher payload so would have to bite the bullet and get a 17 plate. I researched them for months and no one has reported any problems with them and they are ideal for compact work in our trade

Yeah from reading the electric vehicle forums there has been no problems at all. I think it’s just the battery that’s been upgraded on the new ones. Without a doubt the next vivaro size one that comes along with the same sort of payload I wouldn’t even think twice about upgrading. It’s such a breeze for driving around for our work in it. I have an Audi A4 sline and id still rather drive the van lol 

Yeah from reading the electric vehicle forums there has been no problems at all. I think it’s just the battery that’s been upgraded on the new ones. Without a doubt the next vivaro size one that comes along with the same sort of payload I wouldn’t even think twice about upgrading. It’s such a breeze for driving around for our work in it. I have an Audi A4 sline and id still rather drive the van lol 
What's the payload of your model please

Combo van I had prior to starting up a a windie, decent room in back, now started doing upstairs with wfp backpack so carry that and my 4 spare  25ltr barrels together with my trad stuff easily.

Having side door is very useful, only problem is height of roof if using ladders,I am 5feet 10inch and have to stretch to load unload ladders, but now try not to need them too much.

Currently a 2013 Doblo.

just changing this week though - picking up a 2017 Dispatch on Saturday.

now I got to get it all plylined, roofracked, locks etc - what a drag.....?

Nissan nv200 best van ever had by mile
Yeh a good mate of mine (well fellow window cleaner lol) got one. He loves it. £185 a month after trading his 10 plate caddy which had a major engine problems ain’t half bad. 

Do do you find the paid load abit restrictive though? Think it’s 705kg isn’t it?

Latest Posts

Back