Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Am I to cheap

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eddie dragon

So priced a three story house today. Fifteen pvc Georgian style windows and very small conservatory. Very easy access recon half hour to do. I said £25 outside 25 inside. Customer literally shook my hand done he said. Two other quotes he got. One at 40 outside 50 in. The other one. Apparently £200 in and out. I think my price is fair even if it takes a bit longer first clean. What do you guys think?

Inside price will be the killer. £25 for outside sounds good. depends if its a new build/old build etc.

I have a new build with like 25 windows £15 and takes all of 12 minutes.

Think I will go 1.5 x inside in future. Only done a few in and out so far. Honestly wonder how some customers actually know,there windows have been cleaned. The insides are miging. Thinking as I have added it as a extra service on all payment slips. Any of them asking will be double the outside cost.

I did get Cought out on a bungalow in and out. Cleaned it Trad for a year with pervious windi. Extentions and a conservatory. Happily agreed to do insides thinking 20 mins. Turns out it's a chalet bungalow. Upstairs and valux in every one. I never noticed. Luckily I hadn't given a price. So only lost time not £.

I charge the same for the insides as the outsides

Doesn't take any longer if you use some sort of degreaser in your solution like ubik or something

Cuts out all the effort needed

If they are bad i applicate and give a quick scrub with a green kitchen scourer then squeegee off..takes a couple of seconds per window to do

I charge the same for the insides as the outsidesDoesn't take any longer if you use some sort of degreaser in your solution like ubik or something

Cuts out all the effort needed

If they are bad i applicate and give a quick scrub with a green kitchen scourer then squeegee off..takes a couple of seconds per window to do
I do the same as daveyboy 1 charge the same if you start being to greedy they will find some one else and get rid of you over time,

You'll love it

Just be carefull as i find it is too easy to have the palm of your hand on the button when using an extension and then squirting fluid unnecessarily and drenching the window

i do the same price inside so long as they clear the way for me. not ladder to go up, no time spent driving to next job, no extra petrol...winner in my book.

Now I am talking wfp for outsides which this page is about , If a houses takes me 20 mins to do outsides but i do insides and it takes me 2.5x as long then why wouldn't i charge accordingly the customer is fully aware how long it takes to do outsides so cant expect me to charge the same price for the insides .

To me that would seem wrong as a customer

Clean my outside glass £10

Clean my inside glass (exactly the same amount of glass) £20

Doesn't add up

I had a row with a customer when i went wfp who didn't want to pay as she said i was too quick

I said "i originally quoted to clean your windows and frames and your windows and frames are clean..it is irrelevant how long it took me"

How can i then have double standards and say inside is more as it takes longer

The Reason for my 1,5 add Price is : you got to make an apointment , and be on spot . ( hate that ) then theres the ekstra cleaning up . Imo a bit more than outside if tradding . All in all more timeconsuming , therefore more expensive . On the plus is that you earn exstra money without moving to a new location .

I just double the price. In fairness I try not to do insides on domestic properties if I can help it, unless its a big job. I have to do a church inside and out in March, but I quoted £450 for it so I will do it without complaint.

The Reason for my 1,5 add Price is : you got to make an apointment , and be on spot . ( hate that ) then theres the ekstra cleaning up . Imo a bit more than outside if tradding . All in all more timeconsuming , therefore more expensive . On the plus is that you earn exstra money without moving to a new location .

The reason you should charge more for insides (and you should charge more - 1.5x-2x more) is because they do take longer, and frankly it is harder work as they are usually in a bad state by the time you get asked to clean them.

Personally I offer a same price for inside IF they have them done on a reg basis (no less than 12 weekly). If not, it's double bubble.

It comes down to your confidence and ability to sell this to the customer - do not for a moment think you're ripping them off because you charge double for inside because you're not. Would you charge the same price for a one-off outside clean as you would for a 4 weekly (if you do - you shouldn't!) So why would you charge the same for a one-off inside? Also you have increased risk of breaking something (and something more expensive than the outside) so you have added risk there (use this as a selling point to the customer also).

Tip: Also make sure you ask the customer to move everything from the window sills and any restrictive furniture away while you're cleaning the outside.

I charge at least 1.5x and usually double. I very rarely get turned away. But you must deliver your price and be confident in it. If your wishy washy and coy as you tell them they will pick up on it.

Hope this helps.

Mike

To me that would seem wrong as a customerClean my outside glass £10

Clean my inside glass (exactly the same amount of glass) £20

Doesn't add up

I had a row with a customer when i went wfp who didn't want to pay as she said i was too quick

I said "i originally quoted to clean your windows and frames and your windows and frames are clean..it is irrelevant how long it took me"

How can i then have double standards and say inside is more as it takes longer

I always charge double for inside work, mainly because;

Rarely do they move everything, shoes/boots/coats off, and they've "got ya"

Its a fine line between a quick chat and being stuck indoors.

I don't think its double standards if you do it for everyone, its what you charge.

Some will see it as expensive and not use you while others quite happily pay.

2010 winter when there was snow everywhere i did a few insides instead of the outs, believe me, they take longer

Tony

They might take longer, but I think Some customers are paying for high level access cleaning, so they're less inclined to think they need 'help' with insides, whether they do or do not really need help. How many times have you heard 'can you just do the tops and I'll/husband/son will do bottoms'... Yes, for the same price :)

Back