Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Boats

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

Is there any special way to clean boats?

didn't think it looked that in depth would you need to go on a course? If anyone knows anything about boat cleaning give us a shout [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
There a few vids on youtube with guys using wfp on boats & planes too /emoticons/biggrin.png

Neil..... When you say 'in depth'...I presume you mean it's still in water, if so there will be loads of restrictions as to what type of products/chemicals you can use ie must be eco friendly...no solvents etc.....

Check with your insurance company to see if your covered for working on marine vessels and in a marine environment.....any damage to caused to boats is usually expensive.

Visit your local Chandlers for advice on which way to go about it and what products to buy :thumbsup:.

If its private pleasure craft, small yachts and cruisers they are usually made of fiberglass and finished in gelcoat which oxidises and goes dull over time in the sun.

My dad is a boat builder (pretty much retired now) and had a few customers who had their boats buffed and polished each year, this involves using cutting compounds and an electric polisher to buff the surface of the hull back to a shine.

Not sure if thats whats meant by cleaning as I don't really see the point in giving a boat a rinse off unless your talking about at the end of the season once its out of the water?

Latest Posts

Back