Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing Objections

WCF

Help Support WCF:

When your out knocking is there a particular objection you get that you struggle with, examples: cant afford , not today, don't like the pole etc

ahhhhhhhhh,

My favorite is "I already have a window cleaner" when the windows have clearly not been done in a couple of years.

On a couple of ocassions when I got fed up with this I have replied "Really!!!!! you want to get rid and have me do it instead cos they are doing an awfull job" :Image1:

The one I can't do anything with is "Nah mate I'm not intrested" apparntly asking if there wife is is not appreciated. ho hum

When they say they already have one, but clearly dont I ask what method is he using. Whatever they say I go in on the opposite and talk about fronts and the convenience of just doing fronts. Saving money not having to rush home at 12 to open the gate etc.

I dont slate other peoples work but use my finger and show them exactly what they get, running my finger over the sill at the end and say we'll even get this off for you.

My opening gambit is, is the boss in, generally that gets the person who deals with it to the door.

My opening gambit is, is the boss in, generally that gets the person who deals with it to the door.
Not at my door it wouldn't :Image4: .

My Mrs would give you a scolding look :Image15: and slam the door :Image13: .

I only rent

I don't care about my windows

The rain washes them

I'll have to ask the wife
I only rent, = Its down to the tenant the landlord takes care of the gutters and decorating, we are in the area next week doing a few your neighbours why dont you get the front done this time and perhaps the back next time if you like it. Maybe every couple of months. Maybe talk about end of tenancy cleans and leave a card
I dont care about my windows= we are in the area next week doing a few your neighbours why dont you get the front done this time and perhaps the back next time if you like it. Maybe every couple of months

The rain washes them = we are in the area next week doing a few your neighbours why dont you get the front done this time and perhaps the back next time if you like it. Maybe every couple of months

I'll have to ask the wife= Not a problem, what Ill do is if I could grab your number Ill text you the night before, only because Im looking to line up a block of 150 customers. That way everyone gets a nice price. Chances are you'll ring me the day after Ive done everyone else and to be honest with you sir thats really annoying. If she dont want it not a problem Ill just go next door.

Many objections can be covered by offering the front on a 2 monthly I find

I only rent = bad customer

I don't care about my windows = very bad customer

The rain cleans them = needs locked up customer..

When canvassing I want to hear: oooh yes please, I would love to have them cleaned, can you come every 4 weeks, that's a great price..

I don't have time to explain myself to stupid people and their stupid excuses.. Usually just can't afford or don't want to spend the ££ and they ain't the customers I want

I only rent = bad customer

I don't care about my windows = very bad customer

The rain cleans them = needs locked up customer..

When canvassing I want to hear: oooh yes please, I would love to have them cleaned, can you come every 4 weeks, that's a great price..

I don't have time to explain myself to stupid people and their stupid excuses.. Usually just can't afford or don't want to spend the ££ and they ain't the customers I want
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought I was the only one who thought like this. I twisted a customer to have them cleaned regularly and guess what cancelled.

Don't need bad customers now. If we was closer BC we'd have a bloody big business.

Agree mate, its either yes or no.. I hate the ones that say I'll have to think about it.. Like wtf is there to think about? Your windows are bloody stinking, I'm a professional window cleaner.. Do you want to phone a friend or ask the audience?

I would have to be the boss tho as I can be taking orders from anyone /emoticons/wink.png

Agree mate, its either yes or no.. I hate the ones that say I'll have to think about it.. Like wtf is there to think about? Your windows are bloody stinking, I'm a professional window cleaner.. Do you want to phone a friend or ask the audience?

I would have to be the boss tho as I can be taking orders from anyone /emoticons/wink.png
Well said /emoticons/smile.png

Agree mate, its either yes or no.. I hate the ones that say I'll have to think about it.. Like wtf is there to think about? Your windows are bloody stinking, I'm a professional window cleaner.. Do you want to phone a friend or ask the audience? I would have to be the boss tho as I can be taking orders from anyone /emoticons/wink.png
Lol we wouldn't be working.

Generally is a yes or no but I dont discriminate too many customers have come to door screaming yes yes yes oh my god I really want a window cleaner, then before clean or after totally u turn and thats what winds me up

Had that as well of course. Give you all the "how do you like your tea, if im not in i will send a cheque" blah blah. Two cleans and cancel lol

Rather than spend 20 minutes arguing with a prospect Id rather book them in and then take them through the process, take their money and find out what they want. Only at point of handing over the money do you ever get the truth.

Don't canvass for my business. I don't bother with it as you just get nut cases.

It's easy to get a yes at the door, how many of those will have any money or really want them doing regularly or be absolutely mental, be really old and not sure if it's 1942 still.

This day and age its frowned upon door step selling. I thought you had to have a crb or something like a licence or something similar to knock on doors legally these days. I think it's important to protect the vulnerable people.

Whizz bizz you sound to me like you come from utilities sales or even the dreaded adp milking company. Overcoming objections in my opinion is being pushy, it surely should be either they want it or they don't. If they not saying yes move on to the next one. It's a numbers game canvassing why bother trying to push them into it.

I would of thought the ones that are pushed into it are the ones that give you up 3 months down the line or are the messers, & the ones that simply say yes are the ones that can afford it or actually want a windy maybe not true for everyone but most I would imagine, hence why canvassers allow for cancelations & one offs.

I don't bother with it as you just get nut cases.
I found that there are a lot of these in the south west lolNot a direct offence at you Hotwash or South west! in fact I love the place! I lived in Cornwall 2 years & Devon 2 years so I see a few down there lol

Latest Posts

Back