Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what u using

WCF

Help Support WCF:

is there a video link to the fanning?
There are a few good ones on youtube. I have been practising this afto. Poor form on my part really. Been doing this job for three years and still relying on horizontal and vertical pulls.

[quotidea=Posh, post: 161441, member: 4728]Sometimes I leave 2-3 mil away from the edge of the window. Can be crucial if you don't get it right as can leave marks as well.

Good Idea posh. I either wipe the edge with a cloth or cut it with the blade. The horizontal pulls are always fine. Its just the occasional vertical pull that leaves a mark. Mind you.....I am very OCD about marks on windows.

I have seen that technique on a unger video. It looks pretty Impressive. Is it hard to master?.
I used to go into work an hour earlier than what I was supposed to, just so that I could practice this technique on big shop windows.

I done the same when learning to use the Wagtails.

I'd watch a few videos on YouTube, then go into Town Centre at 4am and practice away on the shop windows......that way no-one thinks your a bit of an odd-ball cleaning the same shop windows over and over again /emoticons/biggrin.png.......

Plus..., my workmates thought I was a natural at window cleaning, as they never seen me practising early in the mornings before they started work /emoticons/biggrin.png :D /emoticons/biggrin.png.

I'd love to be able to use the wagtail. Had it for 2 years now. It comes out it gets put away I cannot get the hang of it. I've tried & tried. Maybe it's time for another go. As for using it on a pole. Don't even go there :mad:/emoticons/sad.png

I'd love to be able to use the wagtail. Had it for 2 years now. It comes out it gets put away I cannot get the hang of it. I've tried & tried. Maybe it's time for another go. As for using it on a pole. Don't even go there :mad:/emoticons/sad.png
oh cr-p

@Posh i am going to get the wagtail out the weekend and give it a good go let ya know what happens

could be a bonfire lit up wagtail style

Norm and Posh....just keep practising guys...it'll come....it's just a little different technique.

Posh...Wagtail on a pole is great.....but you do need an angle arm or an adjustable angle arm....it's a total different tool when used with one of these.

I use natural method like take a boil water in a bowl and add lemon pieces into it and wash hands properly, it cleans dirt and oil from the hand and give a new shining to the nails.

Glass gleam 3

No slip to speak of, but cleans well and leaves a nice shine.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

I use natural method like take a boil water in a bowl and add lemon pieces into it and wash hands properly, it cleans dirt and oil from the hand and give a new shining to the nails.
i like my nails shiny too

but bite them because my nerves are wrecked

i like my nails shiny toobut bite them because my nerves are wrecked

My fingers always seem to go through the toilet paper when I wipe my bottom /emoticons/sad.png........so I NEVER bite my nails /emoticons/smile.png.

My fingers always seem to go through the toilet paper when I wipe my bottom /emoticons/sad.png........so I NEVER bite my nails /emoticons/smile.png.
so do mine but i push through:laugh:

many thanks for that top tip....i make up our handwashes from what ever is around...but now will include the lemon...it certainly helps clean my hands thanks again./emoticons/smile.png

and lemon juice added to your diet is supposed to be very good for you so in my tea it goes......

many thanks for that top tip....i make up our handwashes from what ever is around...but now will include the lemon...it certainly helps clean my hands thanks again./emoticons/smile.pngand lemon juice added to your diet is supposed to be very good for you so in my tea it goes......
not after washing ya hands with it:eek:

Back