Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where to buy traditional equipment and where to avoid

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Last time I looked, so does Toolstation.
Many, many years ago we bought a window cleaning bucket from B & Q as my lad dropped and split ours. Won't buy anything else from them for window cleaning. I did look at the time and it was all rubbish.
I take it that was their grey rectangle bucket?
Had one of them in emergency and it doesn’t hold up to constantly being thrown on the floor when working quickly
They do however do a bottle called hg glass cleaner for around £3.50
Only 500ml and advertised as interior glass cleaner but after research it is squeegee off as they are owned by the same people and the same chemical make up
Bloody good soap to use in a pinch

I didn’t think we was able to mention such businesses on this forum. But they have always been my go too. Rapid delivery, great communication, everything you need and even have a loyalty scheme which is really good.
You can mention what you like
It’s blatant advertising we don’t want like these shill accounts just bigging up a company

I've tried a few suppliers for traditional equipment and now I always use window clean centre (based in Ipswich I think). They are extremely helpful and their range is brilliant. If you order before about 2 o'clock the order nearly always arrives the next day.

I didn’t think we was able to mention such businesses on this forum. But they have always been my go too. Rapid delivery, great communication, everything you need and even have a loyalty scheme which is really good.
They are great. I also had a small pack of ferrero rochets with one order I made around Christmas time. Legends! In no way did that influence my recommendation.... but if you're reading this Window Clean centre, I'd love some more

I take it that was their grey rectangle bucket?
Had one of them in emergency and it doesn’t hold up to constantly being thrown on the floor when working quickly
They do however do a bottle called hg glass cleaner for around £3.50
Only 500ml and advertised as interior glass cleaner but after research it is squeegee off as they are owned by the same people and the same chemical make up
Bloody good soap to use in a pinch
Ours has lasted for around 10 years. It doesn't get chucked around, though. It was bought in an emergency as we needed 2 buckets for the job we were doing. We also have an Unger bucket which is far superior.

Hmm okay, I'll have a think before ordering now. Thank you
I've never had any problems with them and they are also very knowledgeabe and willing to help which could be useful if you are new to window cleaning. As far as I remember they will take anything back if you're not happy but check if you do order from them.

Hi all,

I'm buying my first basic traditional setup and I'm struggling to find anywhere local to me that sells anything decent in the shops.

This is making me turn to online retailers such as the following:

- Window Cleaning Warehouse

- Cleaning spot

- Window cleaning stuff

- The Window Clean Centre

- Amazon

Has anyone got any preferences or reasons to avoid certain online retailers.
Window Cleaning Centre for me. I only look elsewhere if they haven’t got what I’m looking for; which is rare.

Back