Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

which van mount system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

[quote="chris clean, I've also had a good quote from pure Freedom for a 400 litre tank with pole & real.. They we very helpful over the phone.. I'm also looking for swb transit or traffic/vivaro.. I'm currently working for a company & driving a lwb traffic with a 650 litre tank from ionic.. Ionic & xline I've found are the most expensive companies out there.. We used ionic glyder 40ft poles & the swift 25ft & they weren't the best they are nice to use, good weight & flex but the clamps are rubbish constantly breaking & the poles wore away very quickly.. I'm currently using streamline 40ft & 28ft & they are great the clamps are good the nuts are metal not plastic ****.. If you do go with pure Freedom then ask about there poles.. I'm hoping to get started up on my own soon also & I'm down south area hard water.. Good luck Chris

Just to add a little on tank size. I went out yesterday (Saturday) to do some work.

My water level was just below the half way 'line' of my 650 liter tank. I estimate that I had about 300 liters in there. I felt that was enough as I also had to go to the bank.

I started at 9 and then 'broke off at 11 to get to the bank before closing at 12. I had a bite to eat and coffee before resuming. I finished the last house at 2.30 but had to park the van on the kerb and down hill to get the last of the water out of my upright tank. Maximum 4 1/2 hours working. This day I estimate that 3 hours was actually washing windows (pumping water).

Yes I was using more water as the windows were filthy due to the recent bad weather.

But I was scrimping water useage all morning. So for me anything less than a 400 liter tank would severly limit my ability to grow my business.

I've noticed over the years that a large number used tanks for sale on Ebay appears to be a 250 liter ones. Far too small to run a wfp business with IMO.

Back