Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

-3 here tomorrow

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mines all wrapped up in the car with a big thick quilt round it & them pipe covers on the hose like what you get for your water pipes.

I took my trolley and hose in the house last night NeilDid you forget?
When I got home from getting water yesterday afternoon there was nowhere to park near my house so I parked down the hill. I meant to move the van and bring my stuff in later but ended up forgetting.

Been minus for some weeks here -10 every night.. yesterday was -6 all day, doesnt really bother me as long as the wind is non present

Look after your pressure washers as well folks, those things don't like the cold, it can mess the pumps up apparently.

Had frozen tanks frozen DI and frozen hoses and that was with duvet wrapped over silver insulation on roof of van and a heater on

Now the big heater is in the van and everything is fine.

Even had to get A A out flat battery after leaving internal light on

But out all day and no probs

I slung a dust sheet over my gear last night. Numpty here forgot to cover poles. I had to try and crack the ice in the pole hose by folding it over. I managed to suck most of the ice out. Heater is going in the back tonight.

I spent the weekend making sure everything was frost proofed for this week.

Have to say "touch wood" everything has worked.

I made an insulated box for RO with tube heater.

Insulated cabinet for Di's with tube heater.

Blanket and rad for van.

Everything was toasty.

[sMUG MODE ON]

Had a problem myself at 8am when I started work this morning. I had my water heater set to high, it was making my hands to hot. Also, I must remember to turn down my oil filled radiator, bit warm in the van this morning;) /emoticons/biggrin.png

Have the same problem in the summer with air con.
No money in window cleaning though :whistle::whistle:
Someone knocked on my van window this morning, I got out and said "what?".

He said "your van windows are all steamed up"

I said "you got me out the bath to tell me that" /emoticons/biggrin.png

I got caught out big time with the cold this morning. All water in hose and pole frozen.......

Ended up unwinding 100m of hose and stamping the **** out of it!!!!'

Took ages but it was the only thing I could think of but it worked......after and hour and a half.

All this brown **** came out the pole when the water did eventually splurt through which was annoying as my pole was leaning on a patio door window.

I learnt a lot today.........am currently sat next to my pole and hose in the lounge for starters /emoticons/smile.png

Had a good day today

Did a few jobs then saw @Adams0211 at number 2 i think in the road i was doing too

I stopped for a chat and did a bit of his job with him

Then i went to number 11 and he did the front for me while i did the back

Then i got message from an as and when job i had forgotten about asking am i still coming as i was 15 minutes late

Then went to a nearby village to do the jobs i had planned for the time i was at the as and when job i had forgotten

Had a very good day and another long chat with Neil (@Adams0211 )

Went to fill up with water yesterday afternoon and saw him so decided an hour chatting was more important than customers so did them today

I don't see why some guys are really offish with other windies when we all have to work and pay the bills

It's good round here as we all seem to get on

I put my pole and pump box in the garage last night but still some ice in the pole hose first thing, luckly I always fill my trad bucket with piping hot water, so I just plonked the hose in the bucket and hey presto 30 seconds later all running okay.

Nice one Dave, I like to chat to other windies when I get the chance, all the guys I have met here in Stortford seem sound. There's one fella who dose most of the shops in the town, he seems a bit moody never even looks at other windies, I know a few of the lads call him blue cap, because he where's a blue cap funnily enough! In fact one of the established windies helped me a lot when I was starting out, gave me a lot work etc.

I will do mate

Had a guy ask me once on that private bit just after church end business park but wasn't worth the travel

Back