Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WINDOW CLEANING VAN - NON-RUNNER - FOR SALE - YORK - 450L X-line System + Tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jpartridge236

Hi all,

Van is currently in with Vauxhall for MOT and needs a new turbo. Had a new x-line system fitted only a few months back worth £2200+. Back has fresh Protectakote. Electric reel delivery only system

Needs to be collected from York, looking to cut my losses and let it go for a good price.

Also happy to throw in Pole (22 foot gardiner SLX), have a gardiner backpack as well if interested as well as other bits and bobs (trad gear, cloths etc)

Let me know if you are interested/need any more info.

Cheers,

J330918877_959418755434864_5279374711487535840_n.jpgIMG_3271.jpg319762000_2402304689932231_6478178908500824391_n.jpg331273740_1150533205588651_6259932780558525502_n.jpg330945852_1575355679636921_3824100472234118271_n.jpg

Hi all,

Van is currently in with Vauxhall for MOT and needs a new turbo. Had a new x-line system fitted only a few months back worth £2200+. Back has fresh Protectakote. Electric reel delivery only system

Needs to be collected from York, looking to cut my losses and let it go for a good price.

Also happy to throw in Pole (22 foot gardiner SLX), have a gardiner backpack as well if interested as well as other bits and bobs (trad gear, cloths etc)

Let me know if you are interested/need any more info.

Cheers,

JView attachment 28394View attachment 28397View attachment 28393View attachment 28396View attachment 28395
mate id throw another turbo on it its only a few bolts dont even have to get underneath it, vauxhall are gonna bend you right over the bonnet to do it, half the time its the little lever that goes dry and stiff underneath the turbo then you lose all power and it drives like a donkey with asthma i gave mine a squirt, but worst case essex turbos send it to em they rebuild and post back to you a bit lively

mate id throw another turbo on it its only a few bolts dont even have to get underneath it, vauxhall are gonna bend you right over the bonnet to do it, half the time its the little lever that goes dry and stiff underneath the turbo then you lose all power and it drives like a donkey with asthma i gave mine a squirt, but worst case essex turbos send it to em they rebuild and post back to you a bit lively
An exchange turbo would only be around £300- 500 plus fitting it’s an easy fit

An exchange turbo would only be around £300- 500 plus fitting it’s an easy fit
yeah its really simple job loads of room for access, ive got a cooper s i had to pull the whole front end off to change an oil cooler gasket these dobies are really easy to work on

I'm not too handsy when it comes to motors but you are right. They have quoted me 1600 for a new turbo. bit of a joke

I'm not too handsy when it comes to motors but you are right. They have quoted me 1600 for a new turbo. bit of a joke
£1600 ? ? mate honestly its 3 nuts and a clamp ive had mine off & im absolutley definitely no mechanic, i always watch a youtube video first & not long done the throwout bearing in the gearbox fair enough it took me half a day but that was the driveshaft off & gearbox out on the floor fitting the new fork bearing thing then put it all back together, i only have a basic toolkit of spanner and socket set and a few allen keys stood me in about £28

A new turbo on ebay is about £300! Even Euro Car parts are quoting less than £800. So as long as you don't use Vauxhall you could get it all back on the road for £600 (using ebay turbo)- maybe ring round a few mobile mechanics or ask some of your friends or family if they know a decent garage.

Selling a non runner will cost you a lot - that said selling it running with window cleaning kit might not yield the best price. Best to look on ebay at window cleaning vans and what they are selling for before deciding what to do.

Are you still cleaning windows - i.e. do you need the van for work?

Latest Posts

Back