Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long should ro filters last etc

WCF

Help Support WCF:

sambo

I have tap water at around 250ppm. I fitted a pumped RO unit and the reading was 0ppm for around 1000L. This has now shot up to 74ppm and I have only produced only about 3000L of water so far. Obviously I have a DI vessel so this is 0 in the tank but I am concerned by how fast it shot up to 74ppm. Is this normal? will it continue to rise quickly?

What r/o is it?

Generally, the most important prefilter is the carbon block as that removes chlorine from the water. Chlorine destroys membranes.

Your membrane alone should bring the water lower than that , how often do you backwash ?

Your membrane alone should bring the water lower than that , how often do you backwash ?
It is a new vyair pumped 200gpd ro. Its meant to automatically backwash according to the blurb.

I'll ring them in the morning and find out what the issue is. I just didn't know if it was normal. Cheers

Found out its only high for 30 secs and then comes right down. For now on ill flush the first 1min to prolong the life of the resin

Found out its only high for 30 secs and then comes right down. For now on ill flush the first 1min to prolong the life of the resin
What they generally do is start the r/o after the pipe/s from the membrane to the DI has/have been disconnected. It is only reconnected after the system has worked for a few minutes (in my experience around 5 minutes). By doing this you are allowing the high tds 'pure' water to go to waste and not using up your resin processing it.

This a good vid that explains about tds creep.

I like to backflush ro's for at least 30 mins each time I produce water which is totaly different from what this guy is doing here.

[media]

[/media]

Latest Posts

Back