Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

help with pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

gwindows

went to use my wf trolley the day and couldn't get any water to come out ,the pump was at full wack 99 sureflo pump , took the hoses of and snapped the little right angled thing that the hose goes onto but managed to get another of another window cleaner , with a bit af blowing the hoses we managed to get it going again , but happened again , i wiggled the hose and away it went . but i think it will do it again help any suggestion what could be causing it ,an air blockage ?????

Do you have a filter/strainer & none return valve like this on the inlet hose that goes into the barrels?

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/pure-freedom-trolley-nonreturn-strainer-kit-p-553.html

Do you have a length of plastic pipe over the inlet hose that you drop into the barrels so sits at the bottom without coiling up?

Are you using a pump controller? if so wack it up to max and let it run on full power until it starts to flow properly as sounds like the pump needs priming due to an air lock. Like wise if you use a hose reel this will need bleeding through aswell.

If that dosen't work then your pump might be on the way out.

Do you have a filter/strainer & none return valve like this on the inlet hose that goes into the barrels?http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/-p-553.html

Do you have a length of plastic pipe over the inlet hose that you drop into the barrels so sits at the bottom without coiling up?

Are you using a pump controller? if so wack it up to max and let it run on full power until it starts to flow properly as sounds like the pump needs priming due to an air lock. Like wise if you use a hose reel this will need bleeding through aswell.

If that dosen't work then your pump might be on the way out.
hi smurf i have the , pure-freedom-trolley-nonreturn-strainer-kit on it, with the plastic pipe on the inlet pipe . tried running if full wack for a few minutes but still no water coming through .! don't use a hose reel but just an extension . i have a vertex connection on the outlet pipe which i plug the hose into , i usually plug a spare connection into the vertex connection and the water runs freely , then plug the hose into it !! will try the above again tomorrow see how i get on , the whole system was bought new in october nov time .

cheers ,

I had this a few times with my trolley. I had let it run dry and it needed priming. The easiest way I found to get it pumping water again was to pour some water down the pipe that leads to the pump. I found this freed the diaphragm up. Keep a small bottle of water with you just in case.

I'm sure then it's just air in the system bud.

Does it have a pump controller? If so have you set the dead end stop on it correctly as that will cause you issues too.

What make trolley is it?

Would be a bit difficult to do on that setup @Tuffers without taking the nonreturn valve & strainer off the end of the inlet hose first.

I had this a few times with my trolley. I had let it run dry and it needed priming. The easiest way I found to get it pumping water again was to pour some water down the pipe that leads to the pump. I found this freed the diaphragm up. Keep a small bottle of water with you just in case.

I'm sure then it's just air in the system bud.Does it have a pump controller? If so have you set the dead end stop on it correctly as that will cause you issues too.

What make trolley is it?
its the same as pure freedom one , it has pump controller i usually only have it on about 20 to use it unless i have the bigger pole on it and i have it on about no 32 for the 25ft pole .its been fine up until the other day , will try tufters method the mora if it happens

details below .

• Heavy duty battery installed in the body of the trolley. No worry about running out of charge or damage.
  • Intelligent charger designed to keep your battery in peak condition, and no need to disconnect - simply plug in and forget!
  • Powerful 100psi Shurflo pump giving equivalent power to most van mounted commercial water fed pole systems – will easily handle poles up to 80ft.
  • Digital Flowmaster electronic pump controller featuring dead-end (stopped flow) detection, 100 flow rate settings, battery voltage readout, and easy operation.,

I have a pf trolley and purge any air out as mentioned above in my origonal post. It dosen't take me that long to purge all air out of the system and thats connected to a 100m minibore hose reel. But I've found its quicker and best to purge all air out of the system first before purging air out of my hose reel.

What is your dead end detection set on?...as you may need to set it higher to say about 40 then try priming the pump again;)

I have a pf trolley and purge any air out as mentioned above in my origonal post. It dosen't take me that long to purge all air out of the system and thats connected to a 100m minibore hose reel. But I've found its quicker and best to purge all air out of the system first before purging air out of my hose reel.
I like purging /emoticons/biggrin.png

What Smurf means is. Your pump should stop when the flow is stopped shortly after ie DE, if the pump keeps going with no flow going through it, it needs calibrating. Hold + and - at the same time and it will show you what it's set at. You can adjust it by pressing + for higher and - for lower.

OK Smarty pants you beat me too it for once & I don't mean purging either /emoticons/biggrin.png

What Smurf means is. Your pump should stop when the flow is stopped shortly after ie DE, if the pump keeps going with no flow going through it, it needs calibrating. Hold + and - at the same time and it will show you what it's set at. You can adjust it by pressing + for higher and - for lower.

its a

• Digital Flowmaster electronic pump controller featuring dead-end (stopped flow) detection, 100 flow rate settings, battery voltage readout, and easy operation.

i it stops when i twist the aqua tap on the top of the brush and come up with the de , what should they be set at ?

its a
  • Digital Flowmaster electronic pump controller featuring dead-end (stopped flow) detection, 100 flow rate settings, battery voltage readout, and easy operation.

i it stops when i twist the aqua tap on the top of the brush and come up with the de , what should they be set at ?
Is it showing DE straight after flow is stopped?

Back