Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Your business plans for 2016?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I was a 6/7 days a week man for a long time, for no other reason than I have always enjoyed what I do, however window cleaning is an industry where there is not an awful amount of customer appreciation (not that I am in it for the praise but the occasional thank you is appreciated)
Now days after working like a dog the past 3 years I swear by the 4.5 day week - Monday to Friday (early finish always on a Friday)

I do this as I do still enjoy the work and cant see how those that love to moan and whine about it actually get up in the mornings, I have however recently rekindled interest in some hobbies that got left by the wayside the past few years so now I ensure weekends belong to me. Also I only work to a 4 week month so plenty of extra long weekends throughout the year.

Plans for 2016? Next van on the road by March with another by summer - hopefully 2 more canvassers before summer also, onward and upwards,

I have a true love for our industry and do not consider it to be 'work' so to speak and in fact sometimes consider building the company a hobby as I do find it more fun than not so for me it is not a question of ambition or lack of, just plod along and grow it at it's natural rate.
I'm with every word of yours. I'm expanding also because I love what I do and my business has been very good to me financially. I work 5 days and love it with a passion. The expansion is due to non stop calls and emails. Keep it going. Happy 2016

Once you get to a certain point on the windows you'll have no need for the carpets and all the expense AdamThe windows will earn you more

That's why i don't bother with gutters or any type of pressure washing anymore
I agree.. at the minute I'm doing all sorts because I have time but it would be much easier to just do windows and connys and not to have all the extra gear and the messing about, insurances, websites etc. Having said that carpets can be very good money so I will most likely keep it on but pick and choose and only take high paying jobs

Convert as many as possible to WFP, get the backpack on a sack truck, maybe buy a spare back pack and another half a dozen barrels. Few price rises where required. Other than that, just carry on being friendly to customers while providing a reliable, decent service.

I currently run a cleaning company that does all the builders cleans.

This year I'm looking to try & get some of the clients that we have just moved in on each site to become regular window cleaning customers. Hoping it will work as we will be allowed to leave a card/flyer inside their house when we finish our final clean.

This is a new concept for me so hopefully I can make it work. I've got 5 staff & looking to add another 3 by the end of the year.

I've been on here on/off for around a year but was never interested in window cleaning rounds etc, I only wanted to be on here for information within trad cleaning as that's what we use when doing the window cleans for the builders.

I'm based in Glasgow although I've also been offered work with the same builder throughout the UK, but it's too much hard work to source staff, it's hard enough keeping on top of people on your own doorstep never mind 150 miles away

1) Price rises for most of my customers.

2) Ditch some of the houses that I hate doing and continue to condense.

3) Implement a "no more new customers apart from MILFS" policy.

4) Keep on plodding on.

5) Ditch a certain milf customer.

6) Stay happy

Mine are to continue in my job but mainly to put a real focus on the forums. Improve performance of the site so that it is super fast and functions well. Then get our ios and android apps launched and used widely.

It's time the forum became and empire /emoticons/wink.png I would really love the forum to be my sole business but that is still a long way off. Any suggestions for growth etc very welcome (excluding moaning about themes. lol)

View attachment 6138 << iv been thinking about getting an office /shop unit . for no good reason really . i could advertise my biz in the window but thats pretty pointless as my rounds already full so why do it?. i think part of the reason i want a shop/office is because iv always wanted a green neon sign

from what i gather its about 60 quid a week to rent one titchy shop in a rundown part of town,

im pretty sure with a neon sign blazing away "get your windows cleaned blah blah " the influx of fresh work would be really big tho

i could switch this on at 9a.m. then lock the shop and after the works over return to shop and switch it off . inside the shop would be a mannikin sitting at a computer screen

Last edited:
Back